Monday, June 18, 2001

Rachael's Farwell Party - June 18, 2001

Monday - June 18, 2001
My friend Rachael is leaving to serve a mission next week.  We had one last big get together with her before she left.  Everybody met at my apartment for the party.  I had called Roger and asked him to stop by before we all left.  I wanted him to meet Rachael before she left.  I just have a feeling that Roger is "the one."  After Roger left, we went to my favorite place ever, Ice Berg.  I love their ice cream and it is so fun to sit outside and visit with friends while we eat.
The funny thing about Rachael leaving is that she has been saying for years that she will never serve a mission.  She was wrong.  While we eating our ice cream, Rachael made predictions for what would happen to each of us while she was gone.
She predicted that I would marry Roger in December, get pregnant right away, and have a cute little baby girl to introduce her to when she gets home.  I laughed when she predicted that, because I had only known Roger for one week.  It's funny how close she was to being right.  Roger and I got married in November, not December!  That's the only thing that she got wrong.  Funny, huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment