Monday, April 27, 2009

Car Accident

We went to salt Lake for my niece, Kaylie's Birthday. Her birthday party was at Build a Bear. The kids loved it! They love their bears. That was the first time they had ever been to build a bear. I didn't get any good pictures of them holding their finished bears. Parker and Brinley were really tired and fussy by the time the party was over. Here's some pictures of the kids washing their bears.



Alissa hugging her finished bear. She named it Sparkles. Parker named his bear Parker and Brinley named her bear Brinley. I love my little ones! They are so cute!

A picture of everybody at the party. My niece Kaylie is on the left. Brinley is sitting in the front with her cousins, Kendra and Kalista. Parker didn't want to be in the picture. He was pretty fussy by this point, so he is sitting off to the side.

After the party we went to pick up Roger from his brother Tyler's house. We visited with Tyler and Melissa for a while. It was a lot of fun. We stayed a lot later than we had planned on. They offered to let us stay the night, but we refused because we didn't have anything with us for sleeping over. So we left. We stopped at Wendy's and got some chicken nuggets for me and the kids to eat on the way home. Roger ordered a sandwich. We sat in the Parking lot while Roger ate his food, then we went on our way. We didn't make it very far. We got in a car accident. I drew a picture to help explain what happened. We came to a stop light. It was red, so we were stopping. Before we came to a complete stop, the light turned green. So we started to go. there was a black truck on our left. It was a little bit in front of us. A car going the other direction decided to turn left in front of us. The truck saw it coming and was able to swerve out of the way. We did not see it (due to the truck being there) until the car was right in front of us. We didn't really have time to react before we crashed. It was really scary. Roger was driving. The kids were really scared. They had a hard time calming down. Uncle Tyler came and picked us up. the kids were scared to get in the car. Tyler promised them that he would drive really slowly. It was a rough night. We got in the accident at 9:45pm. Luckily I had our winter jackets in the van. It was really cold outside. Before we had left to salt Lake, I remembered that we should take our jackets in case of an emergency. Roger told me that we didn't need them. I insisted that we did and I grabbed them anyway. Roger said, "Fine! You can rub it in my face if we have to use them." I am doing a good job at rubbing it in that I was right. Anyway, so we are all ok I think. I have bruises from the seat belt and my neck really hurts. Parker woke up the next morning really sick. He had a fever and was throwing up. I took him to the doctor today and the doctor said that all of his symptoms could be caused by head trauma. They sent me to Ogden with him to get some pictures of his brain. we haven't heard anything about the results yet. If it was something bad, I'm sure we would have heard something by now. I hope that we don't find out anything bad. I love Tremonton when we are having a hard time, because you only have to tell one person and everybody will hear about it. After church, everybody had heard about it. We got a ton of phone calls on Sunday night we also had some visitors. People were very concerned. The relief society president brought us dinner on Sunday night. This morning my visiting teacher brought some doughnuts and juice over and tonight my friend brought over a plate of peanut butter bars. We are so blessed to have so many people that care about us. It has been rough, but knowing that there are so many people that care and are willing to help us how ever they can really helps to make me feel better.
Here is a scrapbook page that I made about our accident. I didn't take pictures of the accident. I was in a daze after it happened. I couldn't really think straight. I took pictures of the rental car (mini van) that we are driving.

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry you were in an accident. Keep your chin up, glad you are all okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys weren't to hurt, accidents are scary and they seem to stay with you. I still remember some i was in with nanny and papa and the bank's. I am a back seat driver because of it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny I am glad that everyone is okay. What is going on with your van?

    I love the build a bear pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to have all your fun before the accident, but terribly sorry you got in it. I hope everything is ok and you here about Parker soon if you haven't already!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that would be scary! I'm glad everyone seems to be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're okay, and pray that Parker is too. Jenny, you never cease to amaze me with the way you always seem so in tune with the spirit. Bringing the coats. . . Had that crossed my mind, I probably would have discounted it, esp. if Hubby said anything. Later, I would have kicked myself for not listening . . . again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny that sucks! I HATE car accidents! Remember the one we were in toghether on our way to SLCC. Oh they are too scary. I am glad you are all ok! And I have to agree with angalee..you always listen to the spirit and are such a wonderful person and I just love you. You always make me feel happy!! I miss you. We need to talk again. love ya

    ReplyDelete