Sunday, November 15, 2009

God, Open Your Door to My Family

This is a poem that Shelley wrote while our mom was sick. I think Shelley has an amazing talent for poetry.
God, Open Your Door to My Family
God of the heavens and stars
in my heart a simple prayer,
I humbly call out to you
to help me from way up there.
It is a personal challenge
that needs your open door,
I pray to you with all my heart
for the courage to endure.
I share the pains of my Mother
who is probably going to die,
she has always been close to me
and I don't want to say goodbye.
Her loving ways are in my heart
and her pains I hate to see,
God, please help us to be strong
when she leaves our family.
Please open your door of heaven
and help us to heal from pain,
when she has to leave us behind
help us to face the fallen rain.
-Shelley Williams

3 comments:

  1. For someone who is so quiet she definately has a way with words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has an amazing talent with writing. I'm glad I learned this about her and that she was able to share it. You guys will make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shelly is amazing i never new she could write poems either.

    ReplyDelete