Friday, July 1, 2011

Our First Camping Trip - June 30 - July 1, 2011

Wednesday - June 29, 2011
We decided to go camping.  We finally have camping gear, so we can finally go camping!  So, we headed to Yellowstone.  We spent our first night at a camp sight near Yellowstone.  I'm really glad that we had Mollie there with us.  I was so scared that night.  I just get totally freaked out at the thought of being out in the middle of nowhere and not having anybody to run to if we had an emergency and needed help.  Also, I'm terrified of bears and other animals that live in the woods.  The kids were scared also.  I did my best to act like I was not afraid, so they wouldn't feel scared.  But, I think they could sense that I was actually scared.  Brinley cried when it got dark and begged us to take her home or to a hotel.  She was a little surprised.  We told her we were going camping and we told her what camping was, but when it came time for bed, she was a little shocked that we were actually going to sleep in the tent and not in a hotel somewhere.
We survived our first night of camping!



Thursday - June 30, 2011
We woke up, loaded our stuff into the explorer and headed to Yellowstone.  I was excited to get there and be able to walk around and see all the sights again.  It's been a long time since I've been to Yellowstone.  We had a lot of fun hiking today.  It was sad that Mollie couldn't come on every hike with us, but we took her on all the hikes we could.















 This tree was leaning across the trail, so, of course, we had to take pictures with it.  We pretended that we were holding it up.




After a long day of hiking we went to our camp sight to set up camp and relax.  This camp sight was much different from the first one we stayed at.  There were a lot of trees, and they were super tall.  There were a ton of people camping in the spots all around us.  The trees didn't offer any privacy from the neighboring camp sights. I normally wouldn't like something like that, but since I am so terrified of bears, I felt safer having so many people round.
 Parker had too much fun playing in the dirt.  He really loves camping.




Friday - July 1, 2011
We went on this fun hike today.  We couldn't hike for very long, since Molly wasn't allowed to take the hike with us.  We love hiking.  It's a bummer that there are so many hikes that don't allow dogs.  That got really frustrating.  Hikes are better with Molly.



We were smart to come to Yellowstone when we did.  It was crowded, but not nearly as crowded as it would have been if we were here over the 4th of July.  On our way out of the park, cars were lined up for miles and miles waiting to get in.  It was crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment