Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Cake - January 18, 2014

Saturday - January 18, 2014
A lady that Roger works with had asked if I would make a birthday cake for her son.  She was not a delightful person.  I really ended up hating every moment of making this cake.  Everything that could go wrong, went wrong.  Here's a picture of one of the things that went wrong.  As you can see, I dropped the cake.  So, I had to make another.  I usually buy extra cake mixes just in case this happens.  Alissa's friend, Sydney, was over.  That is who is posing with the dropped cake.
The lady gave Roger a picture and told him that she wanted Batman blue, not the color that was on the cake in the picture.  I searched online, trying to figure out what she meant, but every picture of Batman, the blue was the same color as the picture she had.  So, that was annoying.  I decided to just do it that color anyway.  I just hated everything about this cake.  I hated making it, because it ended up being much harder and way more stressful than I could have imagined.  She didn't want fondant, but she wanted it to look like it was covered in fondant.  For the time it took to make this cake, I way undercharged her for her.  I was so frustrated by the time I was done.  I told Roger that I'm not doing cakes for people anymore.  So, if someone at his work asks, tell them I quit and I no longer make cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment