Thursday, August 1, 2002

I Made a Successful Dinner - August 1, 2002

Thursday - August 1st
Roger and I slept regular hours last night.  It feels nice to be on a more normal sleeping schedule.  So, I've been cooking meals for Roger finally.  Cooking is something that I'm not used to doing.  I always planned on cooking meals for my husband but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  I've had a hard time trying to figure out how to be a good cook and to get all the right things when I go grocery shopping.  I'm finally starting to get the hang of things.  Tonight we ate Creamy chicken and Asparagus.  It turned out really well.
I have been having a lot of pains today.  Me feet are killing me.  They are just throbbing.  My feet and legs are the source of most of my pains today.  The other pains are lower abdomen pain every once in a while and the pain when the baby moves (she presses really hard against my stomach and insides).  After dinner, roger cleaned the table for me while I went and soaked in a nice warm bath.  He has been very good to me.  He's been doing his best to pamper and take care of me lately and I love it.  He is an amazing husband.  He has some friends (Tyson and some other guy) over right now and they are playing his new hockey game on the Playstation 2.  Roger really gets into his games (especially hockey).
Tomorrow we are going to Salt Lake City to meet with some lawyers and try to figure out a problem and make a payment plan for a mistake I made before Roger and I got married.  While Roger and I were dating, I lived with a friend from High school, Emily Evans.  We lived together for about 3 months.  I was nervous about moving in with her since we weren't that good of friends.  She really needed a roommate.  I couldn't afford something expensive, but she convinced me to move in anyway.  She told me that she would pay my first months rent and help me out with anything that I could not afford.  My mom told me that I should pray about it before I move in with her, but I chose to ignore my mom and Heavenly Father and just do what I wanted.  I needed a place to live and she needed a roommate, she said she'd help me afford it, I really couldn't see how this would be bad.  Emily was making a lot of money as an accountant for some company and working at Hooters for her second job, where she made a lot of money in tips.  Anyway, so, I didn't listen to anybody and just did what I wanted.
After 3 months of living with Emily, I still wasn't able to afford living there.  So, I asked if we could talk to the apartment managers about breaking the lease and moving out.  Emily didn't want to move out, but she didn't mind if I moved out.  She said she would find another roommate.  When I talked to the apartment managers about it, they said that they would not let me take my name off of the lease until Emily found another roommate.  Emily thought she already knew somebody who would move in, but she wasn't too worried because she could make the monthly payment on her own, without me.  So, I moved out, with the hopes that somebody would move in soon and take over my portion of the lease.  Emily ended up not being able to find a roommate.  She had said she could afford the rent by herself, but she couldn't.  Another friend moved in with her for a little bit, but they said it wasn't permanent, so she wouldn't put her name on the lease.  Emily started to get really mean and crazy when I tried to talk to her about things.  Her and her friend would yell and swear at me.  They said that it was all my fault that Emily was having a hard time.  Then Emily lost her job and she became even angrier.  She said she was going to sue me.  I'm not sure what for, but I was scared of her.  I hoped she wouldn't come after me for anything.  She really turned out to be a monster.
After she lost her job, she could have talked to the managers about breaking the lease, but she didn't instead, she chose to live there and not pay rent until they kicked her out.  They gave her a date that she had to be out by, but she refused to leave.  They said they would charge her $80 each additional day that she was there after her move out date.  She still refused to leave.  She was there for a month and a half after the move out date.  Somehow, they finally got her to move out.  Being kicked out costs a lot more than working with the apartments to break your lease and do things the nice way.
Since my name was on the lease, I have to pay also.  I don't know how it all worked.  I'm not sure if the apartments sewed us or what.  But they have a lawyer that is coming after me to pay my share of all the money (that Emily Racked up) owed to the apartment complex.  We have been making payments to them.  We called at one time to figure out how much I owe and they said I owed $1400.00.  Last week they sent a garnishment to our bank demanding $1700.00 and something.  We called them to find out what was going on and they said that Emily filed for Bankruptcy, so now I have to pay her portion also.  I am so frustrated with all of this!  I really wish I would have used better judgement and listened to my mom about praying before I moved in with someone I didn't know that well.  If I had known what a monster she could be, I would have stayed away for sure.
Roger's mom thinks that they are just making up charges for us to pay.  We are all going to meet with the lawyers tomorrow.  I really hope that we can figure everything out and get the costs down.  We really can't afford all of this right now.  I feel really bad that Roger is the one who is having to pay for my mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment