Thursday, April 24, 2003

Reading My Scriptures - April 24, 2003

Thursday - April 24, 2003
Two Sundays ago, the bishop taught a lesson in a combined relief society and priesthood meeting.  His lesson inspired us to make our weaknesses our strengths.  My weakness has been reading my scriptures.  I thought of all the books that I have read.  I've read a lot of really great books, but I have not read (all the way through) the most important book (The Book of Mormon).  I decided that I will not read any other books until I have read the Book of Mormon, the Old Testament, the New Testament, the Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, and Joseph Smith's History.  I started reading that Sunday when I got home from church.  I am really enjoying it,  I've been reading between 5 and 10 chapters a day.  When I read my scriptures everyday, I feel more in tune with the spirit.  I love the difference that it makes.
Roger and I have been house hunting.  We found a house that we love and feel really good about.  We put an offer on it today.  I'm so excited!  My friend, Janae's mom, Linda Richardson, is our Realtor.  She has been so wonderful.  Roger took these pictures of Alissa and I eating our lunch today.


No comments:

Post a Comment