Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I love Christmas Time!

This is going to be a long post because I have not posted in a while and I have a lot to say.
First I want to say that this is my favorite time of the year. I love it! Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. We spent it with Roger's family this year. The kids had a lot of fun. They love playing with their cousins.
We spent the day after Thanksgiving cleaning the house really well. I don't think it is fun to set up all the Christmas stuff unless the house is clean. We needed to clean the kids' room and organize their playroom to make room for the new toys that Santa will be bringing. We also had to get caught up on the laundry. We got it all done!
I went shopping on Black Friday and it was crazy! I have never done this before, because I have heard stories and I was a little afraid. I really wanted to get a power wheels jeep for the kids. They had one on sale at Walmart for $88.00. That is why I decided to go shopping on Black Friday. I planned to wake up at 3:15am, get dressed, drive to the Brigham City Walmart, and be there by 4:00am so I could do my price match shopping before the sale starts. I ended up waking up at 1:30am. I think I was just over thinking everything and feeling a little nervous because of all the stories I had heard. I decided to turn the tv on to help me get back to sleep. I ended up watching a show called 'World's Dumbest Shoppers' It did not calm my nerves at all. They showed videos of people getting trampled and just being really dumb, trying to get a good deal. I managed to fall back asleep at 2:45am. Then I woke up to my alarm at 3:15am. I made it over to Walmart at 4:00am like I had planned. There were a lot of people and everybody was lined up by the item they wanted to get. I went to find the power wheels jeeps. When I found them they only had 15 jeeps! And a lot more than 15 people waiting to take one. There were 2 or 3 people holding on to each box, so that when it turned 5:00am they could grab it. I knew there was no way that I was going to get one. Most people there had 2 or 3 people with them. I asked a few people which one they were planning on taking. A lot of people were trying for the same box. I knew there was going to be a fight, so I decided to just stand back and watch. I called Roger and asked him if he would try to buy one online for me. It was rediculous to watch everyone fighting over those jeeps. A Walmart employee had to come over and break it up. I don't think I will be doing that again. Roger got online at 5:01am and they were all sold out online. Crazy huh!?!
November 29th is our anniversary! Roger and I have been married for seven years! Time goes by so fast. I can hardly believe that it has been seven years. Here are some of our wedding pictures. I would write more about our wedding, but I have to go to work soon. Maybe I will write more later.








On Saturday morning we woke up and decorated the house for Christmas. The kids decorated the tree all by themselves. I just pulled out all the ornaments and handed them to them. Last year when we decorated the tree, I was sad that we didn't have very many ornaments, so I looked online and got a ton of ideas of how to make different ornaments. We made a lot of ornaments last year. During the summer somebody gave me a bunch of ornaments that they were getting rid of. So we have a lot of ornaments this year. The tree is full of them! Here is Alissa getting another ornament to put on the tree. She loves decorating the tree. toward the end of decorating the tree, Alissa kept saying, "Aren't we done yet? There is no more room to put more ornaments." Then Alissa had an idea. she thought that it would look great if she hung some ornaments in the tree instead of on the outside where they can be seen easily. In order to do this, she felt that she needed to climb under the tree and hang the ornaments. So here is a picture of Alissa under the tree.

Parker thought that hanging the ornaments in the tree was a great idea also.
We are finished!!



I gave Brinley a hair cut on Sunday. she likes to twist her hair around her finger and it ends up pulling her hair out. So her hair was very uneven. I let her play the computer while I cut her hair. that was the best way to get her to hold still and look forward.


1 comment:

  1. Jenny I am sorry you didn't get a jeep. No fun, you woke up that early and got nothing for it? GRRRR.

    You look super cute in your wedding dress, I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete