Monday, November 17, 2008

Chicken Soup for the Soul Day

I took more pictures this week. I love taking pictures of my children. They are so cute! Last monday I remembered that I was going to take more pictures about a half an hour before i put the kids to bed. They were all just doing their own thing. Brinley was in the kitchen playing with a pretend camera. She let me take her picture then I had to pose while she took my picture.Parker was driving a toy car around on the kitchen counter.
And Alissa was in the living room coloring.
On Tuesday I decided that I would hurry out when Parker's bus dropped him off and I would take his picure while he was coming off the bus. Brinley is sitting on the couch and helping me watch for Parker's bus to come.
Here he is! He loves his preschool and he really loves riding the bus. I used to walk with him out to the bus in the morning (they come to our house and pull in the driveway), but Parker informed me last week that he doesn't need me to walk to the bus with him anymore because he is big and can do it himself.
I learned about a website that tells you of all the holidays (http://www.holidayinsights.com/). There is a holiday on almost everyday of the year. I thought that it would be fun for my scrapbooking if we celebrated some of these holidays. November 12th was Chicken Soup for the Soul Day. I didn't have time to make homemade chicken soup, so we ate ramen noodle soup. I took a lot of pictures of the kids eating their soup so I could make some fun scrapbooking pages of us celebrating the holiday.
Brinley looks silly in this picture. I love it!







I rearranged the furniture in the living room on saturday. The
kids found their bounce house while I was moving things around and they couldn't wait for me to set it up. The kids love this bounce house. Money was really tight for Christmas last year so we weren't able to have a very big christmas. I was feeling sad because I hadn't been able to afford anything that I felt was a big gift. They had a lot of small gifts and that was good, but I really wanted to get them something big. About a week or so before Christmas, I got a letter in the mail with $50.00 in it. I do not know who sent it. I was so happy to have a little more money to spend on the kids' Christmas. I thanked Heavenly Father and asked him to help me find some good deals (I know it was a silly thing to pray for). I went to the store the day that I got the money. I do most of my Christmas shopping in Brigham City, Logan, or Ogden. To save money, I decided to shop in town. I went to a store that I had heard about from a friend (It is a small store and I never really noticed it before). I went to the toy department and that is where I found this bounce house. It was on sale for 50% off the original price of $100.00! It was $50.00! I was so excited! I had day dreamed about getting a bounce house for the kids, but I knew I could never afford it. This is a small bounce house, but it is just right for my children. They love it!





2 comments:

  1. YOU are sooo cute!! I love how you pray for the things you do. YOur faith is awesome!! Your kids are so cute!! I love Parkers smile. It looks like your having fun. Miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great uplifting story! Where would we be without faith. Your family is famous for ramen noodles.

    ReplyDelete