Monday, March 2, 2009

Feeling Better - March 2, 2009

Monday - march 2nd
I am feeling a lot better. I still feel a little tired and weak, but I am feeling much better than I have been. When I went to the doctor for the pneumonia, he looked in my ear and couldn't see anything because there was too much ear wax. My ears produce too much ear wax. So the doctor told me to get some ear drops that would help break up the ear wax and get it out of my ears. I started using it and I felt like it was working. But two days ago I was using the drops and it made my ear be clogged. When I couldn't get my left ear unclogged, I decided not to put the drops in the other ear until I could hear out of my left ear again. This morning when I woke up and I still couldn't hear out of my left ear, I decided to go see the doctor. The doctor said they would clean out my ears for me. He told me that while they did it I would feel a lot of pressure and it would probably hurt a little. He also told me that when they finished, my ears will probably hurt for a day or two, I might have headaches and feel dizzy, and if some blood comes out of my ear, don't panick because that is normal. So I was a little bit nervous about having it done. It didn't really hurt that bad. I was dizzy afterward. The dizziness as come and gone through out the day. I have not had any headaches yet. My ears don't hurt. My ears have not started to bleed yet either. So that is good. I'm pretty sure that if it was going to hurt or bleed, that would have happened by now. So I'm relieved that it was not as terrible as the doctor told me it was going to be. Ohh...yah.......I'm also really happy to be able to hear again.
Alissa just informed me that she wants to have green eggs for dinner. She said that they had green eggs at school. They are celebrating Dr. Suess' birthday this week. So she explained to me that if I use food coloring, I can make the eggs green. She was curious about it when she had them at lunch, so she asked someone and they told her how it is done. She is such a smart girl. So I am off to make some green eggs for the kids. Brinley and Parker are so excited about it that they are dancing around in the living room. Roger doesn't all the noise, so he just sent them downstairs to jump around and be loud.

2 comments:

  1. how did they clean out your years? I had mine cleaned last month and they just sprayed water into them until the earwax came out. I was dizzy afterwards and the Dr said it was because the nurse used cold water instead of warm water. He said warm water doesnt make you so dizzy. Anyways I was just curious. I got the bill too and it wasnt cheap having that done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, glad you're feeling better, and have your hearing back.

    Green eggs sound fun. I actually forgot this year (I was the queen of Dr. Suess' b-day when I taught, and never failed to wear my Cat in the Hat hat. Can't believe I forgot.

    Cute new look to your blog. You're so creative. =)

    ReplyDelete