Saturday, March 7, 2009

Stockton Lee Grimes - March 7, 2009

Saturday - March 7th


I was finally feeling better and was ready to go back to work and normal life, when Kristy called with the news that she was going to have her baby. She had some issues that I'm not sure what they are, but the doctor said that if she wanted to be able to have an epidural, he needed to induce her soon. So she planned on having her baby on Wednesday the 4th. So, I took another week off of work and headed to Salt Lake to stay with Kristy's kids while she had her baby.
The first pictures are taken with my cell phone. Parker likes to take my phone any chance he gets and take pictures. So all of these pictures were taken by Parker.
I love this picture that Parker took of Kendra. Kendra and Parker are the same age. Kendra was born a month after Parker. The funny thing about them is that both of them are having speech issues. They both talked the same for a long time. Now, I think that it is a little easier to understand Kendra than it is to understand Parker. They have both made a ton of progress. I love Kendra. She is such a sweet girl.


On Thursday, Kristy's husband, Shan, took the kids to go see their new baby brother.
Also, Grandma and Grandpa came.  Here are the pictures they took from their visit.






While he had his kids, I took my little ones and we went to Regan's house. I was showing Regan the joys of digital scrapbooking. Regan has her computer hooked up to their big screen TV. At first, I thought that would be fun. But it's not. Because you have to stand right up in front of it and look straight up. It kind of hurts my neck. While I was showing Regan scrapbooking stuff, I started taking about my bad camera issues. My camera broke. Then my parents let me borrow their old camera. I just don't like their old camera. It doesn't take as great of pictures as my camera did. I was really sad about it. While I was telling her my sad camera story, she went down the hall and got her old camera. She is letting me borrow it until we can afford to buy a camera (we want to buy a nice one, that's why we can't afford it yet). I am so happy! Her camera is very nice! Thank you Regan!!!!
This is the first picture I took with Regan's camera. It is Parker with a goofy face, standing in the living room. you can see the TV being used as the computer in the background.
After Regan's house, we went back to Kristy's. Shan bought us pizza. Then he went back to the hospital with Kristy. Here is a picture of the kids sitting on the air mattress that I had set up in Kristy's living room. We literally camped out in Kristy's living room. I brought my tent and set it up for the kids to sleep in. I thought that all the kids would like that.  I thought it was funny that Kristy didn't know I was actually bringing my tent to set up in her living room, yet she told our parents that i was going to be camping out in her living room.  they all had a good laugh when they saw that we were literally camping in her living room.
Here is a cute picture of Brinley and Kalista. They are potty animals!
Kristy came home from the hospital yesterday.  We cleaned the house, then sat around until she got home.
The kids could hardly wait for me to let the air out of the air mattress. They love to jump and play on it while the air is going out.
Here is the new addition to the Family. This is Stockton Lee Grimes. Kristy and Shan finally got a little boy! They were worried. My parents kept hoping for a little boy and never got one. They had seven girls and no boys. Boys have been rare on my side of the family. I have 16 nieces and nephews.  10 nieces and 6 nephews. The boys are making a comeback. In October of 2008 I had 10 nieces and 4 nephews. So far all of my sister's have had girls first, but maybe because the boys are making a comeback, Missy's first baby will be a boy. That would be fun. Just a little something to think about.
Kristy was really tired when she brought him home, because he had kept her up all night.  I was exhausted when Kristy got home, because I was up all night with Kendra.  She was sick and threw up.  I had a really bad head ache by the time Kristy got home.  We saw the baby for a little but, then quickly headed home.  We got home around 5:00pm.  I took some medicine for my headache and went straight to bed.  I slept until 7:00am this morning.  It felt so nice to get some sleep.  I felt a little guilty because I knew that Kristy wasn't getting any sleep.  But what can you do?

3 comments:

  1. I better have a boy. Mikal is the only one who can carry on the Epperson name. No pressure! I am actually afriad I will only have boys and no girls. I really want a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fun pictures. I'm glad you got a camera to borrow! Kristy's little boy is so cute!! Honestly I'm not even sure I knew she was pregnant :( How sad. So Kristy's Kaylie and Kendra are the same age as your Parker and Alissa. Are Calista and Brinley the same age too? If so then that should mean there may be another one coming for you eh? lol By the way I like how you did Alissa's hair it's cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little guy, tell Kristy I said congrats. I totally remember staying in tents with you guys. One time is when me and Kristy saw that little girl

    ReplyDelete