Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day Contest - June 18, 2011

I entered my dad in a Father's Day contest through KSL.  I hadn't really read much about the contest, so, I didn't know what the prize was.  I entered my dad and Roger in a bunch of different contests.  I ended up winning the KSL contest.  They called and told me that my dad won a spot in their big musical chairs contest at Cherry Hill.  I hadn't realized that that was what the prize would be.  In the musical chair contest, each player would receive some kind of prize.  I was a little worried about what my dad would say when I told him he won, but the prize is to go and play musical chairs in front of a bunch of people.  When I called him to tell him the news, he was okay with it,  apparently Linda had also entered him in that contest and had warned him that if her won, he would have to do the musical chair thing.  So, he was prepared.  Linda had entered my dad and Dave.  So, this morning, we all met at Cherry Hill.  Linda, her family, and Shelley came.  It turns out that if you wanted to watch the contest, you had to pay for a ticket to get into Cherry Hill.  Those tickets weren't cheap, so we all found an area outside of the gate where we could still see what was going on.
Dad ended up being one of the first people to get out.  They said in the rules before the game started that there is no pushing in this game.  There was a really big younger guy next to my dad and as soon as the music stopped, dad sat down, then the big guy shoved him off the chair and that was it.  The prize that my dad ended up winning was a gift card to some restaurant and 3 free day passes for a family for Cherry Hill.  Dad said that he wouldn't use the passes for Cherry Hill so he gave them to me.  I'm super excited for us to get to go and play at Cherry Hill.  It looks like a lot of fun.  I'm really glad my dad was such a good sport and came and did this contest.  We had a fun morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment