Sunday, December 9, 2012

Bone Family Christmas Party - December 9, 2012

Sunday - December 9, 2012
 On December 9th we had our Bone Family Christmas party at the Club House where Kari lives.  It was nice to have a big area for a party.  The heat wasn't working too well so we were a little cold, but I liked it, since I ended up getting a headache towards the end of the night and the cold air made it feel a lot better.  The kids had way too much fun running around with their cousins and playing outside in the snow.
 We enjoyed a yummy potluck.  I forgot that I had volunteered to bring bread bowls for the soups that were going to be served, so we had to use regular bowls.  I was so frustrated with myself for forgetting.  I had even forgot when the party was.  Luckily, Linda sent out a text message at the first of the week to remind everybody.
 This is my nephew, Damen.  He was playing outside and peaked in the door to see what we were doing.  He was surprised when I took his picture.
Parker was just chillin' on this little bench while he waited for everyone to finish eating.
 After dinner, we opened gifts.  We let the kids do the game where on your turn you get to chose to open a present or take a present that has already been opened.  We tried this a few years ago and it didn't go well.  It went a little better this year, except that Ben chose to take a gift from Damen.  Damen had loved his gift so much and was thrilled to have gotten it.  Ben said he wanted it, then went and traded it with Lizzy for something else that she had.  He told her that the gift was lame.  We convinced Lizzy to give the gift back to Damen, so it all worked out in the end.  It was just a bummer that Ben hadn't realized how much Damen loved and wanted that gift.  If he had realized, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have taken.




 The kids wanted to play outside for a little bit before we left.  I didn't like them playing out there, because it is super icy and slippery and they are right next to the pool.  So, I came out with them.  There wasn't much out there for the kids to play, but they had fun anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment