Sunday, April 4, 2004

A Trip to Salt Lake - April 4, 2004

Sunday - April 4th
We went to Salt Lake yesterday.  We left around 2:00pm.  We listened to conference on the way.  We went to the VanBibber's house for a BBQ.  Roger didn't stay very long.  He went to have pizza with his friends and go to the Priesthood session.  They hung out and watched a movie after that.  Alissa and I stayed at the VanBibber's until 8:00pm ish.
We brought hotdogs to the barbecue.  I was really craving hotdogs, so I was glad they cooked all of them.  I really pigged out on hotdogs.
We left the VanBibber's and went to Linda's house.  Linda had to work, but my sister Missy was there.  Missy had a headache so she went to bed early.  Elizabeth and Kristin had a lot of fun new toys and fun stuff to show Alissa.  They also had a new movie, 'Brother Bear'.  We watched their movie and ate some ice cream.  I enjoyed that.  We went to bed around 10:00pm.  The girls went in their room and Alissa and I went in Linda's room.  We just sat on Linda's bed watching tv.  Actually, I sat on Linda's bed and Alissa jumped on Linda's bed.  Eventually, Alissa got tired and fell asleep.  Roger came around midnight.  But it is Daylight Savings, so he actually got to Linda's around 1:00am.  We left after that and got home around 2:30am.
Alissa woke up around 9:30 this morning.  She is really fussy today.  She definitely needed more sleep.  I don't think we'll stay out so late with her again.
The morning session of conference was really good.  They talked a lot about family.  I just loved the spirit that I felt as I was watching it.  Alissa was being super lovey and cuddly during conference.  I loved that.  I really enjoyed the talks about family.  They talked about the Mother's role and the Father's role.  They talked about being a team.  My favorite part was when they talked about being a mother.  I love being a mother.  I'm so happy that I get to experience such a wonderful thing.  I want to be the best mother, wife, and homemaker that I can possibly be.
Alissa and I walked around with Jerian and Shayden tonight.  Alissa leaned to far forward in her stroller and fell out.  She has a big goose egg and scratch on her head.  I feel so bad for her.  she also fell and scratched up her knees.  She was fussy and didn't want to be inside at all after Roger left to work.  I was glad that Jerian and Shayden came to walk.  We walked until 8:00pm.  I put Alissa straight to bed after we came in.  She was so tired.  She was happy to be in her bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment