Sunday, December 12, 2010

Going Through My Mom's Stuff - December 12, 2010

Sunday - December 12th
The kids and I went to St. George for the weekend to help my dad go through some of my mom's things.  This was my first time back to St. George since my mom passed away.  It was really weird walking into the house and not seeing her there.  It makes my heart hurt.  I miss her so much.
Going through her stuff ended up being a little funny, because she had little sandwich bags filled with M&Ms hidden in her Jacket pockets, drawers, and purses.  It was really funny all of the places we found M&Ms.  It helped to lighten the mood a little.
Hannah and my sister Missy came with us.  Hannah was really funny.  She just says whatever is on her mind and it is really funny sometimes.  Like when we first got to my dad's house, he had a crockpot full of soup that he had made for us.  We weren't expecting there to be food waiting for us when we got there.  It was a nice surprise.  We all dished up our food, Hannah takes a bite, then says, "That's not as bad as I thought it would be."  She was meaning to compliment my dad and tell him she liked it.  It was funny the way she said it.  we all had a good laugh.  Hannah is also really good at lightening the mood.
Hannah wanted to go over and see where she used to live, so we went over there and played on the playground for a little while.  It was getting dark, so the pictures didn't turn out very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment