Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools! - April 1, 2011

Friday - April 1st
I stayed up last night to prepare a few April Fool's pranks on the kids.  They were just normal ones, like coloring the milk and other small things around the house.  The kids loves seeing what I did when they woke up in the morning.  It was fun.  Then Parker and Alissa went to school.
While they were at school, I had a brilliant idea for an April Fool's joke.  Since they are little enough, they don't understand time and days of the month and stuff like that.  So, I decided to fool them and make them think it was their birthday.  Parker is in kindergarten, so he only goes to school for a few hours.  Since it wouldn't be long before he got home, I had to work fast.  I made and decorated a cake as quickly as I could.  I also decorated the house with streamers and lots of balloons (like I do on their birthdays).  So, my idea was, that when they came home from school, we would jump out and yell, "Happy Birthday!" and I would hold out the cake for them that says
April Fools on the top of it.
I babysat Conner today.  He loved playing with all of the balloons.
I finished getting it all ready, just in time for Parker to get here.  When he opened the door and we yelled "Happy Birthday!", he got a big smile and looked so happy, then slowly the expression on his face changed from happy excitement to confusion.  He asked, "Is it really my birthday?"  Then I showed him the cake and read what it said on the top to him.  He thought it was funny.  We all had a good laugh and talked about how excited we were for Alissa to come home, so we could fool her also.
Parker, Brinley, and Conner had a lot of fun playing with all the birthday stuff while we waited for Alissa to come home.
She did the same thing Parker did.  Her face lit up and she looked so excited and happy, then her face slowly changed from happy to confused.  She didn't ask if it was really her birthday.  She realized it wasn't and said, "It's not my birthday."  Then she read what the cake said.  She loved the joke and wanted to invite Erin over so we could surprise her also.  Erin smiled, but she wasn't fooled.  The kids all had so much fun with it.  That was my favorite prank ever.  It made our day lots of fun.
Here's Conner playing with the balloons.
 Our April Fool's cake
 Brinley enjoying the birthday fun

 After Parker came home, he insisted on taking some pictures also.  These are the pictures he took.  I was starting to feel really tired at this point, since I had worked so hard all morning.
 colored milk
 Getting ready to surprise Alissa
 After Conner's mom picked him up, we all walked over to the school playground for me to relax and for the kids to play for a while.  I brought a book to read.  Brinley insisted on bringing some books along also.  She brought some of our picture books.  We had fun playing and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment