Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Another Sad Day - November 13, 2012

Tuesday - November 13, 2012
I survived Laurie's funeral and was feeling like I could be okay.  I sat down at the computer to do my homework today, but decided to check facebook before I got started.  The first thing I saw when I got on was a post from Stephanie Moser (posted 6 minutes ago when I read it) that said, "Today is a sad day I know we had our diffrences but you were my brother and I loved you very much. We are going to miss you deeply ♥".  My heart started racing as soon as I saw that.  I hoped that maybe she was talking about a friend of hers who she thought of as a brother, but in my heart I knew that it was her brother Cris.  The first thing I did after reading that post was check Cris' page.  He hadn't commented in a while.  The last post on his page was from his mom, Teresa.  She posted, "Cris. Are you alive?"  My heart just sank when I read that.  I sat here at the computer just feeling shaky and debating about waking Roger up.  Roger ended up walking up 10 minutes later.  I gave him a hug, asked him how he slept, then told him what stephanie had posted and asked him to call someone from his family and find out what's going on.  I was shaking and feeling really sick to my stomach.  I really don't handle this stuff well.
Roger called his mom and found out that it was his nephew, Cris, that had died.  Even more shocking- Cris had been murdered!  He had been shot in the head.  Cris was only 21 years old.
Here's a really cute picture of Cris and Brinley taken on Thanksgiving in 2006
You know how when I posted about Laurie, I told about a plan we had made and how I couldn't imagine it happening.... Well.. I was talking to Caroline (Roger's sister) about it and she said that Grant (Roger's brother and Cris' dad) had told her that he could imagine his other two children's futures, but he was never able to imagine Cris' future.  I just thought that was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment