Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Roger gave me the best Surprise! and Fear Factor - March 25 - 26, 2013

Monday - March 25, 2013
Missy offered to watch the kids so Roger and I could go on a date.  I love it when Roger and I get to go on a date!  It doesn't happen often enough for me.
Parker had a dentist appointment in the morning, so I took Parker to his appointment.  He did well and got to pick out 2 rewards when he was done.  He got two mustaches.  His mouth is still a little numb.  That is why his smile is a little funny.

After we got home from the appointment, I relaxed for a little while then got ready for my date with Roger!  Roger told me that we were going to go to dinner in Logan then go to Crystal Hot Springs, so I needed to pack a bag with a change of clothes.  I told him that I would just change back into my clothes I was wearing, but he said, "No. You really need to pack a change of clothes."  He said that he couldn't tell me why.  when I asked what kind of clothes to pack for afterward, he said, "Pack something comfortable that you can wear outside."  I really didn't know what to think, but I just went with it.  I was excited to see what he had planned for after Crystal Hot Springs. 
So we headed out.  I had my bag packed with a swimsuit and a change of clothes.  On the way there, we couldn't decide what restaurant we wanted to go to.  We drove past the first restaurant because Roger said that he wanted to drive by "The Firehouse" which was the other place we wanted to eat at.  He said that he wanted to see if it was too crowded. 
So, we're driving along, talking, and enjoying each others company, when Roger said, "Oh. Jenny.  I have some bad news."  I was taken off guard by that and from the way he said it (It was like something terrible had happened and he had forgotten to tell me about it) I was really concerned.  He looked over at me and said, "We're not going to Crystal Hot Springs." It took me a second to realize what was happening, but he had said this to me as he was pulling into the Spring Hill Suites hotel.  I was so surprised.  He told me that he knew that I was worn out from the move and could really use a break.  Then he said, "Just wait until you see the room!"  I was so excited!  I almost started crying, I was so happy!  He got the nicest suite they had.  It had a fireplace and a jetted tub (two things that I love)!  This was the best date ever!
Here's where we stayed.
 We ended up walking across the parking lot to the Firehouse restaurant.  They had the best pasta ever!  I'm not exaggerating!  It was the best!
While we were relaxing and enjoying our night away from our regular life, Missy sent us a funny text message to show us how she is taking good care of our little ones.  I thought this was so funny! and a cute idea.



We really enjoyed our date.  We slept in and were in no hurry to leave in the morning.  It was so nice!  Before we headed back home, we had to stop at Sam's Club for some toilet paper.  while we were there, we remembered how we have been without a vacuum for a week now and we really needed to get one soon.  I have been talking about a Disson vacuum ever since I used my mom's Disson back in 2009.  It really truly was the best vacuum I had ever used.  So we decided to see what they had at Sam's Club.  They had my Disson vacuum and Roger was super duper nice and bought it for me!  I know it's silly to get so excited over a vacuum, but I've really been wishing for one of these ever since I used my mom's.

Tuesday - March 26, 2013
Missy kept telling us that she brought a game for us to play, but before she told us about it, we all had to agree to play.  We all agreed to play.  She had us all sit around the table where she had some brown paper baggies sitting.  She told us that we were going to play Fear Factor.  We would each take turns going first.  So the rules were that on your turn to be first, you grab a bag from the middle of the table, open it up and eat a bite of whatever is inside, then you pass it around and everybody else has to try it.  Some bags had candy, but others had really disgusting things like worms, some chili mango thing, sardines, and crickets.  It was pretty gross, but we all participated and we all tried everything.  the crickets and worms where cooked and seasoned, but they were still disgusting. Again, I took more videos than pictures, so I don't have a lot of pictures to post.
These first pictures are of us trying the chili mango.  I think, of everything, that was the worst!  It was way too spicy and it just got hotter the longer you kept it in your mouth - or at least that's what Roger said.  I spit my bite out pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment