Monday, June 16, 2014

Bear Lake - June 16, 2014

Monday - June 16, 2014
We had planned to spend a nice day relaxing on the beach at Bear Lake.  We checked the weather on Sunday.  It said the temperatures would be a little cooler, but it was supposed to be mostly sunny, so we figured that it wouldn't be too bad.  We woke up early this morning, loaded all our stuff and went on our way.  We wanted to get there at 9:00 am (when the beach opens up).  We love the drive there.  We go through Logan Canyon and it is so beautiful.  As we were headed, the sky was very cloudy and it looked like a storm was brewing.  I checked the weather and the forecast was very different from the night before.  It said that it was going to be stormy all day.  Bummer!  We had already driven so far and we didn't have any other plans for the day, so we decided to keep going.  When we got out at the beach, it was so cold and windy.  But we had the beach to ourselves and that was fun.  We all had our swimsuits on, but we had to wear our sweatshirts because it was so cold.  The water was really cold.  But it was still really fun.  We enjoyed our time playing on the beach and daring to go out in the cold water.  It was fun, but we knew it was too cold and stormy for us to stay there very long.  When we were done playing, we piled back in the truck and headed to the property that Missy VanBibber's grandparents own.  They had agreed to let us go there and use their fire pit.  Their property was really nice!  I loved being there.  We had a nice time.  We cooked our hot dogs on our little portable grill.  After we ate, we started a fire.  We sat around the fire for a while.  It was nice to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.  It was cold out, so the fire was also nice for keeping us warm.  The sun came out for a little while and Missy pulled out a target and her bee-bee guns for us to shoot.  The kids really loved that.
























I had to take some selfies to show that I was here also.  I'm always taking the pictures and am rarely in the pictures.














 We got side tracked on our way home.  As we came upon the road that leads to Tony's Grove, Roger asked if I wanted to go see the lake.  He assumed that I would say no.  But I thought that sounded fun.  I've been wanting to go there.  The kids and Roger went last year, with out me.  I can't remember why I wasn't able to go also, but I was sad that I had to miss out.  Anyway, it was cold, but so pretty and very fun.  We decided that we want to spend a day there and camp for one night, then the next day, go to Bear Lake.
We walked around the lake and over to a picnic area that still had snow on the ground.  The trees were so tall and it was so pretty over there.  I didn't get to take any pictures because the battery on the camera died.  I had a feeling I should have charged it the night before, but I ignored that feeling and had to pay the consequences.  It was so beautiful and we had a lot of fun sliding in the snow.  Roger, Alissa, and Parker climbed up a little and slid down on their feet.  Brinley slid down on her bum.  They had so much fun and I thought they looked funny sliding on their feet.  It was a lot of fun.  We played for a while then we headed back home.




No comments:

Post a Comment