Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Just Life - June 10, 2014

Tuesday - June 10, 2014
I had a busy weekend.  The kids and I went to Linda's house and helped her with a wedding.  It was very busy, stressful, and not fun.  We got home on Sunday afternoon.  I have such a hard time getting back to normal routines after being gone.  It seems like we just got back from our last little vacation and I was still trying to get the house organized and everything feeling back to normal from that little vacation.  Now, I 'm starting all over again, but feeling like it's a double wammy, since I wasn't recovered from our last big outing.
The house is always such a mess after any trip.  The crazy thing is..... I always clean the house really well before we leave, so that we can come home to a nice clean, comfy, cozy house.  What happens is, we come home feeling exhausted.  We throw our stuff in the kitchen and living room, too tired to go through any of it and put anything away yet.  It all sits there and we slowly pull things out and work around it for a day or two while we try to muster up the energy to get things put away and back in order again.  In that day or two immediately after a short trip or vacation, the house seems to get messier than ever.  By the time I have anargy again, it is a disaster and takes twice as long as it normally does to clean the house.  I don't like it.
So, This morning would be the time that I'm rested enough so I can clean the house, but I couldn't.  I was gone on the day I normally do my grocery shopping, so we were completely out of food.  So, last night I made my list and this morning, I had to go to the store and get it all.
My friend, Heather, has been wanting to get together for a while, but things keep coming up and we haven't seen each other in a while.  Yesterday she texted and asked if we could meet at the park for a picnic today.  I knew if we didn't meet her today, it would probably be a while before we would have a chance to get together again.  So, I hurried through my grocery shopping, came home, made our lunches and No Bake Cookies - or "chocolate oatmeal" as Heather calls them (the treat we always eat when we hang out), made sure the kids got all ready, then we headed to the park.  We were only about 15 minutes late.  I felt bad about being late, but proud of us for getting there much closer to the time than I had anticipated.
We enjoyed our park time today.  Roger was awake when we came home.  I filled the swimming pool in the backyard so the kids would be occupied while I tried to clean.  I didn't get much done, instead I spent time hanging out with Roger, since I knew he had to leave to work soon.  I wish that he never had to go to work and we still had money and we could just play and do whatever we wanted all the time.  I'm just sayin'..... That would be great!  
After Roger left, I couldn't muster up the energy to clean.  I made myself get the dishes and laundry done, with the promise that I will wake up tomorrow morning and work really hard to make up for all the cleaning that I didn't do today.  We'll see how that goes.
Anyway... I originally started writing this post to share the funny thing that Alissa said as I was getting her to bed tonight.  Alissa watched an episode of 'I shouldn't Be Alive' with me.  When I went in her room to tell her goodnight, she asked, "Mom.  Have you ever had a time where you felt like you were dying or you thought you were going to die?"  I had to think for a while.  There was a time when I was a teenager that my body did something really weird.  I don't know what was going on.  It was my bad time of month, but nothing was unusual about it.  I can't remember what I had been doing before I started feeling this way.  Someone had just come to the door.  Linda and Shelley were visiting with whoever it was in the living room.  I walked into the kitchen on my way to the living room, when all of the sudden I felt really weak.  I started shaking uncontrollably.  I was sweating a cold sweat and I started to feel nauseated.  I almost felt too weak to walk and I thought for sure I was going to faint or pass out or something.  I kept thinking, "Am I dying?"  I didn't know what was going on.  I thought, maybe I could manage to get into the living room and Shelley and Linda could help me, but then I though what if I'm dying and I die in front of our guest.  That's embarrassing. (My brain wasn't fully developed yet, hence the crazy reasoning - remember I was a teen at the time)  So, I decided I would try to make it to the bathroom and die in there.  I made it to the bathroom and when I looked in the mirror, I was even more sure that this was the end for me.  I had no color in my face.  My lips were starting to turn blue and my arms were even white.  It was a terrifying sight.  I decided to sit on the floor, that way when I passed out, I wouldn't go crashing to the ground.  I sat down on the bathroom floor and just waited to die.  But as I sat there, I slowly started to feel better.  I stopped sweating and shaking.  The feeling of nausea slowly went away.  After a while, I felt completely normal, like nothing had ever happened.  I walked out of the bathroom and joined Linda and Shelley in the living room.  I couldn't wait for our guest to leave so I could tell them about my crazy experience.
After that, I thought about car accidents I've been in and the time my body really was dying (when I had appendicitis and Alissa was born).  In all of the car accidents I've been in, I think it is crazy and amazing how everything moves in slow motion.  So, I spent a little time telling Alissa about that.
When I actually was dying, I never felt scared or even once thought that I was dying.  When my appendix ruptured while I was pregnant with Alissa and they couldn't figure out what was going on with me, I had been given blessing and I had a lot of people praying for me.  Heavenly Father let me know that I was going to be okay and Alissa was going to be okay.  The message he gave me (I can't remember how he gave me this message, if it was in a blessing or an answer to one of my prayers) was, "You will be okay and Alissa will be okay.  You will both live and the pain you are feeling will go away.  You just have to endure this for a while. It will be okay."  Since I knew it was all going to be okay, after that all my prayers were for sleep so I didn't have to feel the pain.  Anyways, we got through it.  Crazy to know that some people really thought that I was dying, because I never even thought it or considered that I might die for one second.  When we went back to that hospital to deliver our next child.  The nurse that helped me, all of the sudden remembered that she had been the one who helped me when Alissa was born.  She said that she deals with so many patients that she doesn't usually remember people.  But she remembered me.  She was so sure that I was going to die.  She said that I was seemed so nice and I was so young and she just knew that I wasn't going to make it, so she went home that night and cried, because it upset her so much.
I talk too much.  The main little story that I wanted to share was the story that Alissa told me.  After I answered her question, she said, "I had a time when I thought I was dying."  I was surprised and asked, "Really?"  She said, "Yes.  It happened when we were at our cousin's house.  We were at Kaylie and Kendra's house.  I had to go poo.  I went to the bathroom and it was really hard to get it out.  I was pushing as hard as I could and eventually it came out, but when I looked at it, it wasn't poo.  It was some weird thing.  Wait. - she looks confused for a minute - That might have been a dream I had.  I can't remember if that was real or not."  Then we both started to laugh.  I told her, that had to be a dream.  If it had really happened, she would have come running, crying to me and would have had me look a it.  I told her I for sure would have remembered that.  She told me that, in the dream, she told me, and ran and got Kristy to come and see.  Then Kristy told us not to worry ,because the same thing had happened to Kaylie the week before.
Alissa's story just really hit my funny bone.  I could not stop laughing.  It was so funny that she was telling me this crazy story, then remembered that it was actually a dream she had.... and what a funny thing to dream about.  Dreams are weird!
Here are some pictures of the kids playing in the backyard with Mathew when we were at Linda's house.


Monday - June 2, 2014
Alissa was really sad today, because her friend, Malaiyha, had to leave to spend the summer with her dad today.  They had just started to hang out together a lot more than before and were just realizing how much fun they both thought each other was.  Alissa wishes so much that Malaiyha would be here so they could hang out all summer.  Anyways, I set the pool up in the living room, with the idea that it would be a lot of fun if we filled it with balloons.  I thought it would be something fun that could help distract Alissa from the sadness of her friend leaving.  It turned out to be not as fun as I thought.  The pool took up a lot more room than I had expected.  It was just something different for us to enjoy all day.  Mostly, the kids sat in the pool and played video games.  Malaiyha didn't have to leave until 4:00pm, so she came over and played for a while, then Alissa went to her house and they played outside until it was time for her to leave.



No comments:

Post a Comment