Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Bowman Lake - July 1, 2015

Wednesday - July 1st
We decided to spend our time today relaxing at Bowman Lake.  We stopped at a store in Columbia Falls for some food.  Anastasia and Alissa insisted on riding in the shopping cart.  They're goofy!
We took a couple more pictures of the fire.
The lake was so nice!  It was not crowded at all (that's one of the things I love the most about it).  The kids had a lot of fun playing in the lake.















Roger was still feeling weak and tired from his sickness he had, so he didn't want to swim.  We brought the stuff to make our peach cobbler.
The wind started to pick up after we had swam for a couple of hours.  It wasn't a cold wind, but it was kind of strong.  It was making fun waves in the lake.  I've never seen the lake like that.  It was fun to try and get good pictures of the waves crashing on shore.






Roger had gone to the picnic area to work on our peach cobbler.  Turns out, I forgot to bring the butter with us this time, so we didn't have all of the ingredients.  Also, I forgot to bring a can opener.  Roger said it would work anyway.  He used his pocket knife to open the cans of peaches and he thought it would still be yummy even though we didn't have butter. So, I let him work his magic, while I watched the kids still swimming in the lake.





















We tired of swimming, just in time to have the peach cobbler.  Roger did an amazing job.  the peach cobbler was so yummy!  We all loved it and scarfed it down quickly. We didn't swim anymore after that.




Roger took a picture of the girls, next to the warning on the out house, that said there was a mountain lion in the area, so be careful.  He thought it would be funny to send it to Tyler and Melissa and make them worry even more about Anastasia's safety.
Before we left, I took a few more pictures of the lake.





On the little road away from Bowman Lake, there was a bear.  It slowly walked over off to the side of the road.  I had plenty of time to get my camera and snap pictures.  I get really shaky when I see a bear (even from the safety of the truck).  In my shakiness, I managed to hit a switch on the camera, that put it on a weird setting.  I took 3 pictures, before I realized the setting were weird.  I adjusted the settings and quickly switched the lens and got a few more pictures.  The bear just stared at us.  At one point it barked at us, then it walked over a few steps to a bush and started eating berries.  Every once in a while it looked up at us again.  We didn't want to over stay our welcome, so we left after we felt we had gotten enough pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment