Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My Dad's Close Call - January 7, 2016

Thursday - January 7th
Yesterday was my mom's birthday.  She would have turned 66.  I miss her so much!  I wish so badly that she was still here.
Linda called and said she doesn't want to alert me, she just needs to let me know what happened.  First of all, Dad is okay.  Then she told me, that he almost died last night.  He was sad and missing my mom, but he said he had a good day.  He went to the temple that morning and was feeling okay.  Kelly called him and she was having a hard time.  He was worried about her and feeling bad that mom isn't here, then he watched a super intense and suspenseful movie.  When the movie was over, he realized, he didn't feel right.  He felt light headed, so he laid down on the floor.  Then he remembered that his apple watch can tell his heart rate.  He checked his heart rate.  it was at like 200, then it went down to 60, then it jumped back up to another really high number.  He knew that was bad, so he called his neighbor's to bring a blood pressure cuff.  They came over and decided to take him to the hospital.  The doctors had to stop and restart his heart.  They said he was seconds away from death.  His heart was going crazy and it can't keep that up for long.  He is lucky that he came in when he did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment