Monday, January 9, 2017

Another Snow Day! (Kinda) - January 9, 2017

Monday - January 9, 2017

The kids got another snow day today.  The temperatures were ridiculously cold out with tons of snow, then yesterday, it warmed up to 40 degrees.  They sent out many many warnings about a big storm that was going to drop a lot of rain and we would even have thunder and lightening.  That's crazy during the winter!  Anyway, the whole situation was supposed to cause major flooding or major ice everywhere.  so, they canceled school, just to be safe.  It ended up not being bad at all.  The roads were a little slushy in the morning, that's all.  But tonight, it is terrible.  Roger said it was so bad going to the gym.  He said the roads are pure ice.  It is not safe at all.  I have a feeling they won't cancel school, since they canceled it today.  They really should have had the kids go today and cancel tomorrow.  I guess we'll see what happens in the morning.  We have been having the craziest weather.  It's kind of fun and exciting.  It's also fun that the kids got to have two snow days.  They got to experience their first snow day and their second one right after.  I love it!  It would be really awesome if they cancel school tomorrow morning.  I'd love that.



I spent most of my morning editing the video we made last night.  We played pretend camping.  It was a lot of fun.  I made some yummy s'more cookies.  It was an experiment.  We didn't have what we needed to have s'mores, but we did have s'more cereal.  So, I made chocolate chip cookies and mixed s'more cereal in the dough.  The cookies tasted really good.  I was glad about that.  I have no idea how to get more views on our channel.  That's frustrating, but even if we never get lots of views, I don't plan to stop.  I think it is a lot of fun.  I love making videos.  I feel like I am more active when I vlog, because I want us to be more entertaining.  Life is way more fun when we are more active.

We had a ton of fun last night, but I had a hard time staying awake to get it all edited.  So, I decided to finish it this morning.  It took a lot longer than I expected.  I am still waiting for it to finish producing.  It is taking forever!  I didn't get to spend all day working on it, though.  Roger is home today, so we went out and about.  Roger is bored and tired of feeling like he is lazy, so, he decided that he was going to go to the gym and learn about joining.  He has never had a gym membership in his life.  He was always so active in sports, that he never needed to go.  He liked what he heard, so he came back and told me all about it.  I decided that I wanted to join too.  So, we went back to the gym and both of us joined. I'm excited to start going.  Roger went tonight with his friend, Brian.  I didn't go, because I really want to get this video uploaded.  Also, I signed up for the biggest loser challenge at the gym.  It starts this Saturday.  I figure, I don't want to lose any weight before the competition starts, that way I have more weight to lose and a bigger chance at winning.  I'm excited to start going to the gym again.  I think it will be fun and super helpful.  I'll feel a lot better about myself when I get in shape, plus the break from the house and all my usual stuff will be nice.  Also, Alissa can join.  It will only cost $15.00 a month.  There is no contract.  We just pay each month she decides to come.  I told her she needs to earn her membership by doing her chores everyday.  She chose dishes for her chore.  She started tonight and it was wonderful.  She did such a good job.  She was extra helpful tonight and I loved it!  I'm happy for her to earn her gym membership.  She is doing excellent and I think she will really like going to the gym.


No comments:

Post a Comment