Sunday, January 8, 2017

Playing in the Snow and Indoor Camping - January 8, 2017

Sunday - January 8th

We woke up to even more snow again today.  I love the snow, so I'm enjoying this.  But the weather forecast says it's going to warm up tonight and tomorrow and we will start having flooding due to the amount of snow we have and all the rain we are supposed to get tonight and tomorrow.  It says the most rain will fall tomorrow, so we should expect flooding in the evening.  I'm bummed because I love all this snow and will be so sad if the rain washes it all away so quickly, but I am curious to see what this crazy weather we've been having will bring us.
Roger, Parker, and I went out to shovel the driveway this morning.  Parker had a lot of fun playing with Forest and digging in his snow cave.





 Forest was funny after he climbed up here.  He didn't want to move.  We were shoveling snow and even when it landed on him he wouldn't budge.  Parker thought it was funny, so he climbed up next to him to add more snow on top of him.  Forest didn't seem to mind at all.



 We made a video for our vlog tonight.  We played pretend camping.  We had a ton of fun.  After we made our treats for our fun night, we set up camp.  Then I had us all go on a hike through the house with the lights off.  We used flashlights to light our way.  Roger is a stinker and didn't follow us on our hike.  Instead he hid somewhere and we had to go find him.  We knew he was going to jump out at us and scare us.  It was a lot of fun.  He scared me really bad.  After that we sat by the fireplace and told ghost stories.  When I was telling my story, Roger noticed that he could see my reflection in the fireplace and he thought it looked cool and creepy, so he took some pictures.

Here is our video we posted on youtube.

After all of our fun, the school called to say that school is canceled again tomorrow.  This time it is canceled because of possible flooding or freezing rain.  I think nobody knows what to expect.  The kids were so excited!  I scared Alissa when I went to tell her about the phone call.  I told her I had some really bad news that she was going to hate to hear.  I sounded really sad and sympathetic and took a long pause before I told her.  She was so happy that she didn't have school and so glad that it wasn't something bad.  she said I really did scare her by the way I told her.  She really thought I had some terrible news.  I'm not usually good at tricking people, so I was proud of myself for that one.  Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment