Sunday, January 1, 2017

Utes Basketball - January 1, 2017

Sunday - January 1st

Missy and Mikal invited us to go to a University of Utah basketball game with them.  They had VIP tickets that they got from Mikal's boss.  It was awesome!  We got free food and our seats were right behind the players.  It was a lot of fun.
The game was televised, so we told the kids to look for us.  They sent me a few pictures of us on tv.  They said we were pretty much on the whole time.  It was fun.  They thought it was fun watching us at first, then they got bored and went off to do their own things.
We had a lot of fun hanging out with Missy and Mikal. On the drive to Missy and Mikal's house, I found $25.00 in the pocket of my pants.  I must have lost that there around Christmas time, when I was trying so hard to earn money crocheting to pay for Christmas.  Everybody pays with cash, so I had a lot of cash that I was dealing with.  Anyway, it was a fun surprise, but the money didn't last long.  After the game, we went out to eat at the Olive Garden and used my money to help pay for it.  The food was yummy, but I wasn't really hungry.  We had free food at the game, but Roger said that wasn't real food.  He's funny like that.  Anyway, it was a lot of fun hanging out with Missy and Mikal.
Missy got an EMF detector (the thing that detects spirits somehow)  She had used it in her house but hadn't found anything.  It was fun to play with it and talk about the places we could take it.  After the game, when we got back to her house, it was dark.  Before it was time to leave, I needed to use the bathroom, but I all of the sudden felt really scared of her hallway and bathroom.  We pulled out the EMF detector.  It didn't go up, but it was just below the red mark where it would go off.  When we used it earlier, it hadn't budged from the starting point.  I was creeped out.  They all thought it was nothing.  So, I hurried and went to the bathroom as fast as I could.  When I came out the door, Roger (of course) was hiding in a room at the end of the hall and jumped out and scared me.  That freaked me out a lot.  It was funny though.  Good times.


 These are the pictures the kids took of the TV when we were on it.

 Roger caught a ball when they were throwing them to the audience.
 The drive home got really scary.  A we hit a big storm when we reached Ogden.  The roads were not fun.  At one point, I was looking in front of us and my eyes couldn't comprehend what they were seeing.  There was a car on the freeway heading in our direction.  It was actually turning around and headed toward the exit.  It was just a terrifying sight, as soon as my brain figured out what I was seeing.
The drive was long and not fun, but we made it home safely.


No comments:

Post a Comment