Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Lazy Days - August 8-9, 2017

Tuesday and Wednesday - August 8th and 9th

I traded shifts with Amanda, because she needed Friday off, so I had Tuesday off. I thought that would be good, because I have a lot of cleaning to do downstairs, so I can get the kiln going. The sooner I get the kiln going, the sooner I get to start my business. I had planned to get a lot done. But it didn't work that way. I was so tired all day. I kept trying to get myself going, but I just couldn't. I finally gave up and decided to just enjoy a lazy day. I used my time chillin' at the computer and blogging. It's been a long time since I've done that.  It was nice. I'm really enjoying the new Google photo. It is so nice! It saves all of my pictures and videos for free. I love it. It also, makes it super easy to make a collage of my photos. Since I'm too busy to do any scrapbooking, this is really nice.

I really enjoyed my day off, but I told myself I'd be super motivated and get a lot accomplished today to make up for yesterday. I started the day or strong. I woke up at 3:00am, exercised, showered, drank a breakfast drink, and headed to work. I finished my work quickly and got home around 11:30am. It was hard to keep moving after I got home. Alissa wanted to show me her color guard routine, so I watched her do that, then I ate some food, and laid down for a nap. The nap helped. I got up and started working down stairs. I didn't get very much done, when Alissa came asking if I could go pick up her friend, Erin. I quit what I was doing, to go and get her. Then I came home, had Roger look over the paperwork that I need to turn in to get my city business license. Roger and I took it to the city building to turn it in. Now, we have to wait for it to be approved. After that, Roger suggested we go get food. We went to the Mexican restaurant. It was good. Since we've been home from that, I can't get myself motivated to do anything. It's super frustrating. There is so much to do, but I have no energy to do it.
Alissa is loving the color guard.  It is a lot of work.  She practices a lot and is doing really well.  She is getting a lot of exercise and it is causing her to lose weight.  She keeps pointing it out to me.  Today she showed me her stomach.  She has always wanted a flat stomach and she is finally getting one.  I'm happy for her to be able to see that and feel good about herself.  I've always thought she is a beautiful girl, but it is hard to see that in yourself.  I love my kiddos so much and I think they are all so amazing.  I love to see them succeed and feel good about themselves.

Parker went to his Young Men's activity last night.  I always forget about activity night.  The young men decided to surprise Parker and just come and pick him up.  He was happy to go with them.  When he opened the door, the first thing the leader, Brother Corbett, said to him was, "Parker.  You are my hero!  You are so awesome!  I've been waiting to see you so I could tell you how awesome I think you are!  I watched that video of you eating those fish eyes.  You are the man!"  Parker loves hearing that compliment.  I think it made his day.  So Parker told them about the fish eyes and some of our Montana fun as they headed out the door.  Parker was happy to go and he had a lot of fun at the activity.

On Monday night, Brinley's friend, Khloe slept over. They had fun. These are the pictures and videos they took.  They are funny girls.  I really need to get my selfie stick fixed.  I think the selfie videos are a lot better with a selfie stick.  I think I will just tape it together, so next time the video wont be so shaky.
They decided to walk to the dollar store.  They started walking, but a storm was coming and it scared them, so they turned around and came back.  Roger drove them to the dollar store, so they didn't have to worry about the storm.
Khloe stayed until 5 ish on Tuesday. They were just having too much fun.
The reason they went to the Dollar store, was to buy some glue so they could make slime.  The dollar store didn't have glue.  They were really bummed.  They thought of another way to make slime.  I'm not sure how they did it, but I think the slime they made looks cool.  Brinley was making it into a bubble and it would grow and move around a little after she made it.  It looked really cool.
Today, Brinley is having another sleep over. This time with her friend, Ashlea. I don't usually show sleepovers when I have you work the next day, but I made an exception, because we had planned for her to sleepover this week on my day off and it didn't happen. Since my day off changed and Khloe came over. So Ashlea will sleep over tonight instead. Brinley and Ashlea we're pretty happy about that.

Forest has been really good at being outside, off his leash, and starting next to us. I love that. It's nice to not have to worry about him running away.
On Monday, my sister Kristy, sent me a message asking if I would come on a spur of the moment Montana trip with her. She said she feels really strongly that she needs to go and see grandma as soon as possible.  This week really wouldn't work for me.  I asked her if she could wait until next week.  She responded no.  She said she has a feeling that next week will be too late.  I really didn't like hearing that and I definitely hope she is wrong.  Anyway, about 2 to 3 hours after messaging with Kristy, I got a phone call from my uncle Johnny.  He was calling to let me know that grandma is in the hospital.  He took her to the emergency room yesterday morning.  She has been feeling really miserable for a while now.  I've been getting updates from everybody.  I'm pretty sure all of my sisters have called and talked to her.  I haven't called her yet.  I feel nervous to call her.  I'm not sure what to say.  I'm scared that it will be like it was when I called my mom when she was in the hospital.  It was hard for her to talk and I could tell she was in a lot of pain and didn't really want to talk.  It made me feel really sad and I desperately wanted to have her feeling good and be able to have a normal conversation with her.  I was blessed with that opportunity about 4 weeks later.  She finally was feeling better and we were able to talk and laugh together.  It was amazing.  Then the next day, she passed away.  I was very happy that my last memory of her was a good one.  I'm thankful that the awkward phone call where it was hard for her to talk and she was feeling so miserable, was not the last time we spoke.  I'm afraid that if I call my grandma, it will be like that, but I won't get a chance to talk to her when she is feeling normal and my last conversation with her will be a sad one.  I'm going to call her tomorrow.  I really do need to talk to her before I can't anymore.  She is ready to die and she wants it to be her time really bad.  I've known this for a while.  I will be happy for her, but it is still going to be so hard to let her go.  I'm going to miss her way too much.  Anyway, the latest updates are that she has pneumonia and there is a lot of fluid around her heart.  They don't know why.  They told her they would run some test to figure out why, then they could talk about a treatment plan.  She told them that she doesn't want them to treat it.  She would just like them to do comfort care for her.  The doctor also said that grandma cannot live on her own anymore.  Grandma told Johnny that he could put her in a nursing home if they need.  She keeps saying that she is sure she doesn't have much time left.  Aunt Bonnie is going to go and stay with grandma for as long as she needs, so grandma will not be alone and she won't have to go to a nursing home.  I'm glad for that.  Kristy and Kaylie headed up to Montana yesterday so they could see and spend some time with grandma.  I'm glad she was able to go.  I feel really bad that I couldn't go with her.  I really don't like being so busy.  I really need to get my business going and make some money so I can be free from my job.  I am a stay-at-home mommy!  Not a working mommy!  I have got to get this fixed so life can go back to the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment