Friday, August 4, 2017

Mini Color Guard - August 4, 2017

Friday - August 4th

We did the mini color guard today.  The kids and I had to be over at the school at 8:00am.  They ended up having to use the middle school gym, because they are refinishing the floor at the high school.  When we first got there, Brinley, Parker, and I sat on the bleachers and watched while Alissa and her team practiced.  We didn't have to wait for very long, before there was stuff to be done.
The coach came with all of the shirts.  I helped sort the shirts in to piles, then when people came, we checked the list for their name and shirt size, then gave them their shirts.  After all the kids were checked in, I went home to eat some breakfast.  While the kids practiced.  I came back to the school a little before 11:30, for the parent show.
I took pictures of the kids as they waited for their turns to perform.  Brinley was excited because she made a new friend.  Her friend's name is Tonya.  She is the girl sitting right next to Brinley.
After the show, I wanted to take a picture of the kiddos together.  Alissa was standing by us waiting for me to take their picture, but I couldn't get Parker to cooperate.  He wanted to show us where he stood and tell us about some of the mistakes he made.  I wanted to hear that stuff, but I wanted to take a quick picture first, so Alissa could go talk with her friends.  By the time Parker finally came over by us, Alissa had to go, because her coach wanted to talk to them.  It was really frustrating.  Anyway, I took some pictures of Parker and Brinley while we were waiting.
 Alissa came back over by us for some pictures then we headed home to relax for a little while before the parade.

The parade is called the 'Wheat and Beat Days Kid's Parade'.  I've never been to it before, so I didn't know what to expect.  I think not very many people usually go to it.  They just block off the street and any kids who wants to be in it, can.  They can dress up or whatever.  Also, they can walk, ride their bike, or any kind of riding toy.  This is the first year that the mini color guard marched with them.  Usually the mini color guard marches in the Pioneer Day parade in Bear River City.  I'm not sure why they didn't do that this year.
 I was surprised that there were no people out sitting and waiting to see the parade.  It confused me a little and I felt very unsure about if we were on the right street.  But I had checked before hand, so we went ahead and set up our chairs in a nice shady area.  It wasn't too long after we sat down, that people started to come and sit near us.  Alissa said that most of the people watching, were at the end, where we were.  Amber Hayden (someone Roger met on his mission.  They served in the same area) came to watch.  Her daughter and son were in the parade.  She brought her family with her.  We had fun visiting while we waited for the parade to start.  We also sat next to our neighbor's, the Unsworths.  They had come and brought family also.  We weren't right next to them, so we had a harder time visiting with them.
It was fun.  Here are the videos we took- Video from start of parade, before color guard came,  Video I tookVideo Roger took.

No comments:

Post a Comment