Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Saturday - December 24, 2011
Money was really tight for Christmas this year.  It usually is.  Some friends from our old neighborhood, said they were going to drop off some gifts for the kids from somebody else in our old ward,  They wouldn't say who they were from.  I was sitting and relaxing in front of the tv watching the fireplace show and listening to Christmas music while I waited for our neighbors to come with the gifts.  While I was waiting, there was a knock at the door.  I thought it was them.  I opened the door and nobody was there.  Just a large stack of Christmas presents.  It was so nice!  I was so excited thinking about what a fun Christmas this would be for the kids.  I assumed that our old neighbor's, the Beverly's had delivered them, since I was expecting them.  I thought it was odd and kind of funny that they decided to leave them at the door step and hide, but thankful anyway.  So, I brought the gifts in, hid them in my room so the kids would be surprised tonight, and sat back down to enjoy the music and pretend fire.  I had just got comfortable again, when there was another knock on the door.  It was the Beverly's bringing the gifts.  I was so surprised!  And they brought way more gifts than I expected!  It was such a surprise to have so much help this year.  I feel so happy and so thankful for people helping us out.  The kids are going to have a really good Christmas this year.
My cute little Brinley was nice and and came in the living room to pose in front of the Christmas tree for me.  She was getting a little bored and impatient for bedtime to get here, so after I took her picture, we turned on some Christmas music and she danced around the living room for a while.



 Alissa decided to play the computer to help the time go by.  All the kids are feeling a little sick, so that's a bummer.
 Parker took a nap.  I didn't let him sleep too long, since I want him to be able to sleep tonight.
 The sun went down, but it still wasn't time to do our Christmas Eve fun, so the kids found different ways to help pass the time.  Brinley played tea party with her doll and stuffed animals.
 Parker and Alissa played Uno.
 Roger chillin' at the computer.
After playing tea party, we all watched a movie together.  Brinley fell asleep.  I didn't let her sleep very long before I woke her up to enjoy Christmas Eve.  It's finally time!  We let the kids open their Christmas pajamas.  After they got their jammies on, we let them each open up one gift from each other.







 They loved their gifts.  We had a really enjoyable night.  The kids were excited for bed.  This is how the living room looks now.  I can't wait for the kiddos to wake up and see what Santa brought them!

No comments:

Post a Comment