Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve

Saturday - December 31, 2011
2011 has been a year full of change.  I'm not sure how I feel about it all.  I'm excited to see what the year 2012 has in store for us.
 All month long I had been planning for us to make gingerbread houses.  I had wanted us to do them before Christmas, but we just never got around to it.  I had bought the stuff for it, so I still really wanted to do it.  Since I knew Missy and Becca would be coming to ring in the new year with us, I thought it would be fun to do it today so they could make gingerbread houses with us.
 Here's my creation.  I didn't get to spend a lot of time working on my own, I'm always busy helping the kids get theirs ready.
 Brinley started out making a house, but it kept falling down, so she decided to just cover her box with graham crackers and candy, that way she would have lots of candy to eat.
Here's Missy's creation.  I love her tree in the yard.
Brinley's masterpiece. 
 Here's what Parker made.  His walk way to his door looks difficult to walk on but super yummy.
 And here's Becca's beautiful house.  I like her tree also.  Note to me: don't forget to add trees in your gingerbread house yard next year.
 This is the house that Alissa built.  I love the cute little designy swirl on the roof and her door. 
 After all our gingerbread house fun, we relaxed in the living room and watched a movie.  I set out all the treats, so we could just hang out and eat all night.  We had a lot of chips and dip.  It was yummy.
A few years ago, while visiting my parents, I found this weird little puzzle toy.  I asked my mom what it was and she said it was supposed to be a train or a truck or something.  My dad had bought it.  He took it apart, but wasn't having any luck at getting it back together.  Mom said he was frustrated with it, so I could take it.  We brought it home and I keep trying every now and again, to make it into a truck or a train, but I have yet to be successful at it....until tonight!  We finally figured it out!  I was afraid to take it apart, for fear that we would never get it together again, so I set it on the piano for everyone to admire and not ruin.
 We all are sleeping in the living room tonight.  Parker is already asleep (of course).

 Missy took the truck apart and was creative and made some other fun vehicles.

 One last picture of me in the year 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment