Saturday, January 14, 2012

Brinley Lost her first Tooth - January 14, 2012

Saturday - January 14, 2012
Brinley lost her first tooth! She was so scared! About a month or two before she got her first loose tooth, she had been talking to me about how she couldn't wait until she lost a tooth so the tooth fairy would bring her money. So when she got her first loose tooth, she was really excited. But as the tooth got looser and looser, Brinley became more and more nervous and scared. One day, I heard her in her room crying. When I went in to her to give her loves and find out what was wrong, she said that she was scared because of her tooth. She was afraid for it to fall out. She was scared that it would hurt really bad. I calmed her down the best I could and did my best to convince her that it wouldn't hurt. She was so nervous about it. She refused to eat anything, for fear that her tooth would come out while she was eating. She knew that Alissa's first tooth had fallen out while she was eating popcron. She made her self so sick with worry and lack of food, that she felt like she couldn't go to school (she also was afraid to lose her tooth at school. She didn't know how her teacher would respond and that made her nervous). Eventually, I convinced Brinley to eat something. She was very careful not to use her loose tooth to chew her food. She was relieved when she realized that she could still eat and she decided that it would be fine for her to go back to school. So Brinley had calmed down and was doing pretty good dealing with her loose tooth. But she was still nervous and she would get real shaky and scared when anybody talked about loosing a tooth. Roger knew that Brinley was scared about loosing her tooth, so I'm not sure what he was thinking when he did this. We were sitting in the living room relaxing and Brinley was playing with her barbie house, minding her own business and having a good time, when Roger starts talking about his friend who lost his tooth while eating and ended up swallowing it. When he finished his story, I looked over at Brinley and she was crying. Roger was so surprised by her reaction and he felt bad for scaring her. We gave her loves and calmed her down again. It was crazy how terrified she was about loosing her tooth. She ended up loosing her tooth when we were in Salt Lake staying at a friend's house. We were at my friend, Janae's house.  We were eating dinner and Brinley comes walking over to me. She had her hand over her mouth and she was shaking. she said, "I lost my tooth." I asked her where it was and she said she didn't know. She said she dropped it on the floor. She was eating and bit down on something hard, so she grabbed it out of her mouth, saw what it was and said, "Eww!", then dropped it on the floor and came to tell me. She was so relieved that it didn't hurt when she lost it, but it still scared her.

No comments:

Post a Comment