Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hand Stand Mats and Their Crazy Bus Driver - January 31, 2012

Tuesday - January 31, 2012
Parker and Brinley were laying out these blankets and putting pillows under them.  I asked them what they were doing and they said they were making hand stand mats.

 After their hand stands, I asked them to pose for the camera.  This is what we got.
  Cute little Alissa was just chillin' at the computer.  She has learned how to play World of War Craft and she can't get enough of it.  I think Roger really enjoys having someone to talk about the game with.  Alissa even likes to sit and watch her dad play the game.  I think that's crazy!

I had a relaxing day today.  I got up, got the kids off to school, read my scriptures, ate some breakfast, started the laundry, washed the dishes, then I had time to sit on my bottom and watch TV.  Usually when I finish my morning routine, Brinley is just getting home from school.  But, today, Brinley rode the bus to a friends house.  So I had the house all to myself!  It was different, but I enjoyed it.  I watched trash TV.  It has been a long time since I've done that, because there are usually kids here with me.  but with no one here, I decided to watch a talk show.  The show that just happened to be on was 'Jerry springer'.  I used to always watch that show.  I thought it was so funny!  The sad thing is, I still think it is funny!  I had a lot of fun watching, "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!"

Alissa and Parker missed the bus today, so I got to go and pick them up.  It takes about 20 minutes to  get to their school, so they had to sit and wait in the office for a while.  I told them that on Wednesday I would pick them up from school.  So Parker was confused.  He thought I was picking them up today.  Alissa got on the bus, but quickly got back off when she realized that Parker wasn't there.

The kids said that on their way to school this morning, the bus driver told them that they needed to sit up straight and keep their hands in front of them, that way if she ever had to stop really quickly, they could stop themselves from banging their heads on the seat in front of them.  she warned them that at some point on the ride to school, she was going to slow down and go 25 miles an hour, then slam on the breaks, so they would know how it feels and be ready if anything ever happened.  But she wasn't going to tell them when this was going to happen, that way they would be ready for the whole bus ride.  The kids said that when she did it, Parker wasn't ready and he slammed his head into the seat in front of him.  Alissa and Brinley both said that they slammed their heads into the back of their hands and it hurt a little.  Crazy stuff!  I'm not fond of having the kids ride the bus.  I really miss living right across the street from the school.  They have a 45 minute bus ride to and home from school.  The kids aren't allowed to do anything while they are on the bus.  Alissa got in trouble when she pulled out her Nintendo DS to play, so the next day I told her to take a book and read it on the way.  She said she got in trouble for that also.  I'm bummed that they have to just sit there,  I'm sure there is a reason behind the crazy rules, but it is frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment