Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Busy Day - February 1, 2012

Wednesday - February 1, 2012
The kids had their friends over today and they all did a wonderful job of destroying the house.  They usaully spend all of their time outside, but there is so much mud out there that they had to stay in.  They went out for a little bit, but there weren't very many places that they could play without getting in the mud.  This house is pretty small so it takes no time at all to make it a mess.

I guess it wasn't really that busy of a day.  It just feels like it because the end of the day was so hectic.  When you live in the middle of nowhere and your kids invite a friend over, the friend ends up staying at your house much longer than they would if they lived close by, because it is such a long drive to get here, so they have to stay for a long time to make it worth all the driving, I guess.  So, It was about 7:30pm before all the friends had gone home.  Then we had to team work and get the house clean so we could go to bed.

Roger got of off work early this morning.  Instead of getting home around 6:15am  he came home around 1:30 or 2:00am.  That was nice.  Since he came home and went to bed earlier, he was able to wake up earlier.  He woke up at 11:00am.  It was a nice surprise to be able to spend some time with him today.  We usually only get to enjoy eachother's company for 2-3 hours on the days he works.  He usually sleeps until 2:00 or 3:00pm, then leaves to work at 5:00pm.

Alissa had a good day.  One of her friends from her old school, switched schools and is now going to the Garland school also.  Alissa said she was sitting in class and the teacher announced that there was a new student.  She was excited that she wasn't going to be the new kid in class anymore.  Then her friend, chanelle, walked in and Alissa was so excited that she jumped out of her seat and said, "chanelle!"  Then Alissa was felt a little embarrassed and her face went bright red.  The boy sitting next to her said, "Why is your face so red?"  Alissa said, "I don't know, I guess it just does that when I'm excited."  Atleast, that's what Alissa told me they said.  She was so excited and talkative after school today.  It was funny!

Parker was excited that he got to go to computers today.  He said that he got to sit by Gunner, but then the teacher made Gunner move to a different seat.  I asked Parker why and he said, "I just can't stop myself from talking to him."  I thought it was cute.

I had a hard time understanding Brinley when she told me about her day.  She was in such a goofy mood and she was being so funny when she was talking to me, but it made it really hard to understand what she was saying.  She was happy, though, so I know she had a good day.

Today while I folded the laundry, I turned on the TV and there was a comercial for Steven's Henager College and it said that they are offering some of their classes for free.  I've been saving up so I can take a CNA class, but I don't have the money yet.  The CNA class is one of the classes that they were offering for free.  I called to find out if they were offering it at their Logan campus, and they are!  I have a hard time believing that it is really free.  I'm going in for an orientation on Friday.  So, I guess, that's when I'll find out if this is some kind of gimmic or if it is the real deal.  I hope it is.  I'd really like to get my CNA and start working again.  It's been a long time!  Now that all the kids are in school, I have time that I can go to work.  I plan on starting college again in the Fall.  I will be going to Utah State University.  I'm excited!  My plan is to go in to Nursing.


No comments:

Post a Comment