Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We Are Moving! - February 28, 2012

Tuesday - February 28, 2012
We got the house that I posted pictures of.  I really liked the house when I first saw it because it is in our price range and has almost everything that I was looking for.  After looking at it on Friday, I took an application.  Roger and I prayed about it and planned to take the weekend to decide.  By the time Monday came around, I was convinced that it was the house for us.  I turned in our application on Monday.  She had two appointments to show the house that day and another person called asking to see it, while I was there turning in my application.  So, I was a little worried that we wouldn't get it.  Also, there was a little craziness having to do with neighbors from our old neighborhood, made me worried we wouldn't get it.  The Realtor called us on Monday evening to let us know that we got it.  I was hoping to move in April, but she said that she wouldn't hold the house that long for us.  The longest she would hold it was until March 15th.  So we are moving on March 17th.  Our landlords here were very nice and let us out of our lease without charging us anything extra.  They lived in this house while they saved up money and built a nice big new house on the property, so she understood that it is a hard place to live.
I took some pictures of the kids waiting for the bus this morning.
 The rest of the pictures are just the kids playing.  They keep jumping on their mattresses that are set up in the living room.  They don't love their bedrooms.  They all feel more comfortable and sleep much better when they are all together.







2 comments:

  1. So the craziness from your old neighbors.... is this new house in your old area? Are your kids still going to the other school? I know you really like that school, so I was just wondering...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I met with the realitor, she knew who I was because of things she had heard from our old neighbors. A couple of our old neighbor's had gone to her asking about buying our old house. They told her that they want to pool their money and buy the house, that way they can control who lives there and they won't have to worry about getting any more "bad" neighbors. Luckily, she had heard from another person who had been victimized by them, so she didn't believe that we were bad neighbors.
    The kids will not be going to the same school. I wanted to try and keep them at their new school, but we can't work it out. We only have one car and I will be starting school next week, so it is not possible. In our new house, the kids are close enough that they can walk to school again. They love the school they're at now, but they really didn't like riding the bus. I've heard good things about the school they will be going to, so I'm not too worried :)

    ReplyDelete