Thursday, February 9, 2012

Playing at the Library Park - February 9, 2012

Thursday - February 9, 2012
Today around 10:00 am, Alissa called me from school.  She was crying, so it was hard to understand her.  She said she was sick, so I hurried over to the school to pick her up.  When I got there, she was feeling much better, but she still wanted to come home.  she said that she was eating a hard candy and she accidentally swallowed it whole.  It was hurting her as it slowly made it's way down her throat.  Kindergarten let out while I was there getting Alissa, so I was able to get Brinley also.
We were invited to lunch at a Anna's house.  Anna is a friend from our old neighborhood.  I was relieved that Alissa wasn't really sick, so we could still go to lunch.  Alissa and Brinley had a lot of fun playing with Anna's kids.  She has 3 boys ages 4 and under.  Lunch was nice.  It was good to get caught up with a friend I hadn't seen in a while.

After lunch and some time visiting, it was time to go pick Parker up from school.  We got Parker, then we headed back to the old neighborhood.  I dropped the kids off at North Park Elementary school (their old school) so they could surprise their friend, Erin.  They waited out in the front of the school and walked home with her.  They used to walk home together all the time.  The kids were able to see a lot of old friends and it was so fun for them.  After we got Erin, the girls went with Erin's mom to Feldman's to make some copies and the boys (Parker and Erin's brother, Ben) came with me to buy a few groceries at Ridleys.  Then we all met at the library.  The kids decided they weren't interested in getting books on this trip to the library.  They would rather play on the playground outside.  It was cold, so I parked the car close to the playground and watched them play.  I took a few pictures from the car, but my phone camera won't zoom in and the kids were too far away for the camera to get a good picture of them.
 Parker walked over to the car to get his sling shot.  So, of course, I took his picture.  He had his sling shot with him, because he had taken it to school for show and tell.
 I realized that we had to hurry home so Roger could go to work.  I got out of the car and took a few pictures while I was telling the kids that we had to leave.   Erin, Brinley, and Alissa were playing on the slide.  Alissa, Brinley, and Parker were not thrilled about leaving.  You can tell from Alissa's face in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment