Saturday, December 10, 2011

Playing on the Hay - December 10, 2011

Saturday - December 10, 2011
We went outside to walk around and enjoy the farm that we now live on.  The kids have been playing on the hay a lot with the other kids that live near by.  The kids were excited to show us how they like to play on the hay.  As I was watching the kids play, it occurred to me that this would be a good place to take pictures.  I wanted to be in the pictures that we would take, so I set the camera on a fence and set the timer to snap some pictures.  Brinley was sitting there so cute, so I thought I'd run over and pose next to her for a picture.  On the first shot, Roger quickly jumped in front of the camera.  It was annoying, but funny.  We all had a good laugh.  I set the timer again to have another go at it.  This time both Alissa and Roger jumped in front of the camera.  I was frustrated, but it was funny, so we had another good laugh.
I tried one more time.  This time Roger said that he wouldn't jump in front and he told Alissa she had to stay back also.  He lied.  He dove on the hay just before the camera snapped the picture.
 Since the self portraits didn't work, I picked up the camera to just take some cute pictures of the family playing.
 Parker climbed up really high on the hay thinking he would jump down.  When he looked down, he realized that he was too scared to jump.  Roger tried to help him and Alissa climbed up to show him that the jump is easy.  But he was still too scared.  He sat up there for a while crying.  He wouldn't listen to any advice we gave him about how to get down.  We even told him to just go back the way that he got up, but he refused.  He wouldn't budge, so we let him just chill up their while I continued to take pictures.


 I gave the camera to roger for a little bit, so I could be in some of the pictures.  Eventually, Parker got up the courage and jumped down.  Once he jumped, he realized that it wasn't as scary as he had imagined it to be.  He was happy to be down though.
 We set the camera on the fence and took a couple family photos.
 Alissa climbed up to jump off of the hay one more time.  Parker said he wanted to jump again also, but we wouldn't let him because he threw such a big fit last time.
 Roger looking at the bull that lives in that cage.
 Alissa was nice and sat down for me to take some pictures of her.
 Some pictures of us wandering.  We went for a short walk down the dirt road.  It was getting pretty cold, so we came in after that.

 Brinley took a bath and put on an outfit that she thought was super cute, so I took her picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment