Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mom's Renewel Retreat - May 17, 2013

May 17th - 18th.  I went on a retreat with other homeschooling moms.  When I first pulled the kids out of school, I found this lady in my area that plans regular activities and get togethers for other homeschoolers.  I saw this retreat and thought it would be nice, but I didn't dare to go by myself.  I thought that I would be too shy to make friends and that would make the weekend akward and uncomfortable.  I found out a few weeks before it was scheduled that my cousin Barbara was planning to homeschool her kids and she had signed up to go to the retreat.  After discovering that, I couldn't wait to get signed up to go.
It ended up being exactly what I needed.  I had so much fun!  I met so many women dealing with the same things that I deal with.  It is so comforting to not feel alone.  I learned so much, made many new friends, got to know my cousin better, and had so much fun!  I will definitely go to this again next year.  Here is a picture taken of a lot of us who were there.  We didn't pull the camera out early enough.  a lot of people had already left when we thought to take pictures.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment