Friday, May 10, 2013

Sleepover and Parker's Car tracks - May 10, 2013

Friday - May 10, 2013
Alissa's friend, Sydney came for a sleepover.  They had a lot of fun doing their make-up, getting all dressed up, and playing like they were models walking the run way.

 I have been really struggling with depression since we moved.  I really don't understand it, but it's like this dark fog and everyday I have to fight to stay out of it.  Some days I'm successful, but other days, it is just too hard.  The most frustrating thing is that I really don't feel like I have anything to be sad about.  I guess when that happens, I'm not really sad, but I have a really hard time feeling happy.  I just feel blah.  Not sad.  Just blah.  It is really hard to explain and really frustrating to try and understand.  I don't really understand it.  Luckily, these major bouts of depression don't happen too often.  They are miserable!
Anyway, I started telling you this, because, I mentioned something to my friend, MaryAnn (Sydney's mom), when she dropped Sydney off.  When I'm depressed, I rarely answer my phone and I never call anybody.  If someone comes over, that really helps.  So I mentioned to her that I had been having a hard time.  Thankfully, she was intuitive enough to realize that I really could use some company.  She asked if she could come back after she put her son to bed so we could hang out and watch a movie.  That was such good therapy for me.  It really helped to have someone to talk to.  Watching a funny movie together just made it all the better.  Roger is always here for me and I talk to him a lot, but he is not a girl and is not good at girl talk, which is what I really needed.  I know that I have lots of family that are always willing to talk to me when I'm having a hard time.  The problem with that is that I don't like to call anybody or answer the phone when I'm depressed.
I'm feeling much better now.  Thank goodness.
May 12th - Parker saw a picture while I was looking at Pinterest.  The picture was of a road made out of tape, on the floor.  Parker couldn't wait to try it.  Here's what he made.  He really likes parking lots.


No comments:

Post a Comment