Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The First Day of School - August 27, 2013

Parker and Brinley are going to North Park Elementary School this year.  Parker is in 3rd grade and Brinley is in 2nd grade.  They are so excited to be starting the school year.  We are all feeling a little unsure about going to North Park.  Brinley has a lot of friends at Mckinley Elementary.  She wishes that they were going there.  Parker really loves Garland Elementary.  He wants to go there again.  Of all of the schools, Garland is my favorite.  I was tempted to enroll them in Garland, since I plan to move to the Garland area when our lease is up here.  The reason I didn't is that I didn't want to have to drive the kids to school everyday.
Alissa is in 6th grade this year, which means she gets to go to the intermediate school.  She goes to Alice C. Harris Intermediate School.  I learned that the reason they have an intermediate and a middle school, instead of one junior high school is for money.  The only way they can charge school fees in 6th grade is if they are in a school with grades 7 and older.  It was a terrible surprise.  I had no idea about all the school fees and how expensive it would be.





No comments:

Post a Comment