Thursday, February 5, 2015

Chocolate Cake in a Mug - February 5, 2015

Thursday - February 5th
I was looking on Pinterest and was reminded of something I had pinned a while ago.  It was a recipe for cake in a mug.  I loved the idea of being able to make a yummy treat that serves one.  That way I don't have to stop myself from eating all the left overs.  Anyway, so I decided to try it out.  It did not go well.  It all spilled out over the sides of the mug.  I stopped the microwave as soon as I noticed.  The girls had come in wondering what I was doing.  They were excited to see if it worked, so they could have some too.  I cleaned up the microwave mess, then poured the remaining batter into another cup.  I figured with less batter, it wouldn't over flow.
 It didn't overflow the second time.  It baked perfectly.  But there was another problem.  this was the most disgusting cake I have ever tried.  It was horrible!  The girls agreed.  We each took a bite, then dumped out the rest.  I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, so I took a picture of the aftermath.  It really was gross.  I will never make that recipe again.  I'm sure I'll try to make cake in a mug again.  I'll just have to find a better recipe.  Hopefully, next time will be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment