Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Driving To School For the First Time - February 13, 2019

Wednesday - February 13th

Alissa drove her and Parker to school this morning.  She is so happy to have her freedom.  The only thing bad about today being the first day she is driving herself is that it started snowing as soon as the kids left to school and it hasn't stopped.  It's 10:50am right now.  Alissa hasn't driven in the snow before, so this will be her first time.  I hope she remembers all she's been taught and does well.  I trust that she's got it under control.  She is loving her new car and she loves that she finally feels free.  She's so happy that she gets to drive herself to work, so when she gets off work, she doesn't have to wait for us to pick her up.
While Alissa was putting her new mats in and an air freshener into her car, Parker decided to sled a little bit before school.



 It snowed all day.  Around 1:00 pm I went outside to shovel the snow.  The snow was really wet and coming down the whole time I was outside.  By the time I finished, my jacket and the clothes underneath were soaking wet.

The kids made it home from school safely.  Brinley really regretted the shoes she was wearing since she had to wait in the snow fro atleast 30 minutes before Alissa could pick her up.  She had been excited about it since she planned on visiting her friends at the charter school while she waited.  But she ended up getting cold too wet and cold.  The roads were really slippery, so it took Alissa a little longer to get over to Brinley.
Alissa dropped Parker and Brinley off, then she headed to work.  She had to work tomorrow and the next day also, so she will be dropping them off and heading straight to work on those days too.  I barely got to see Alissa at all today.  That was a bummer.
Around 5 ish, Parker wanted to go outside and sled and I needed to shovel the snow.  We got ready and headed outside.  Roger decided to come and join us this time.  Brinley didn't come out because she said she wasn't feeling well.  We had fun outside.  Parker was so happy to have his dad out hanging out with him.  I miss playing outside together.  We used to do it a lot more.  It doesn't happen nearly as often since the kids became teenagers and life has been more stressful for Roger and I.
I took all the video clips of them sledding and played them in reverse.  I call this video, Sledding in Reverse.








When I was going to bed tonight, I spent some time scrolling through Facebook.  Somebody had posted this picture and video of a bus that was sliding on the icy road after school.  This was in front of Parker's school (Bear River Middle School).



No comments:

Post a Comment