Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Selfies At Cost Vida - February 12, 2019

Tuesday - February 12th

Alissa is so excited to have her car!  I ended up driving it to take her and the kids to school today, for 2 reasons.  I made Alissa feel nervous about driving, so she was up most of the night worrying about it, and Alissa had invited Tonya to come home with us (Alissa isn't allowed to drive with a friend in the car until May).  
After school, Alissa and Tonya played a game on the Xbox, Parker and his friend took care of the chickens and played out on the trampoline, Brinley felt sick so she went to her room to take a nap, and I did some scrapbooking.
At 4:00ish, we got ready and went to Walmart.  Alissa drove us there, but she didn't like it (With Roger and I in the car, it makes her nervous). 

We went inside Walmart and Alissa bought some things for her car.  After that, we went to Costa Vida for some dinner.  Alissa didn't want to sit with us, so her and her friend sat at another table. 










I told Roger that one of us should drive us home, since I could tell Alissa was so nervous with us.  Roger said he would tell her that he is driving home.  When we were ready to go, Alissa hadn't finished eating her food.  She said that we couldn't leave until she was finished, unless one of us wants to drive and she will eat her food in the car on the way home.  Lol!  I think it's funny, because I know she didn't want to drive home.  It's funny that we both had plans in place so she wouldn't have to drive us home.
Alissa went driving by herself tonight.  She went to the library and to drive her friend Tonya home.  When she got back, she told me how much she loved it.  It was her first time driving without a parent.  She said that it was so much better without us.  She felt like she drives better without us in the car making her feel nervous.  She also pointed out the many miscommunications we had that caused her to do things she wouldn't normally have done while driving.  Like, the other day, a car was backing out of the driveway and didn't see us.  I said, "Oh no.  I think that car is going to keep going."  Alissa saw it backing out and realized it didn't see us.  She was going to stop, but she heard me say, "Keep going."  She didn't hear the first part of what I said.  So, she kept going, against her better judgement, and it was terrifying.  We came very close to getting hit.

We forgot to get the shampoo and conditioner that I bought out of the car.  So, we went to get it.  The driveway was slippery with ice.  I didn't shovel the driveway the last time it snowed, because I figured it would warm up and the snow would melt really quickly.  I was wrong.  It's stayed cold and now the driveway is covered in ice.  Alissa slipped on the ice on the way out to the car.  I love our security system because we get to have video of all our funny falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment