Monday, July 28, 2008

Not Much is Happening

I've been decluttering our house. It is a lot of work. I started over a week ago and today I finished all the rooms upstairs. Tomorrow I will work on the basement. When I finally finish that, I will declutter the living room and kitchen on the main floor. It is just taking a long time. While I'm busy claening upstairs, the kids are busy making messes in all the other rooms. So at the end of the day it is hard to feel good about all the hard work I've done, because I have one really clean room and a ton of really messy rooms. I'm just getting really tired of cleaning. That is good and bad. Bad because it is no fun being sick and tired of something. Good because I am so frustrated and I just want to get all the decluttering and organizing done as quickly as possible and that (the anger) makes it easier for me to throw things away. I would like to save and keep everything so it is really hard for me to throw things away.
I've been so busy cleaning and the kids and I have not done much. Except for on Saturday. We went to Tremonton City Days and had a lot of fun. But I forgot my camera. So I can't show you any of the fun. We woke up early and jog/walked in a 5K. We came in last place but we still had fun. Brinley refused to ride in the stroller. She wanted to run the race. She jogged for a good part of it. She was so cute! She also insisted on carrying her baby doll while she ran. It was a lot of fun. Alissa ran a head of us. She ran with a neighbor and they did really good. They finished a lot sooner than we did. Parker just enjoyed the ride in the stroller. Since I don't have any recent pictures to share, I thought I would look back and see what we were doing 2 years ago on this day. Here is what I found.......
Alissa is 2 years old in this. She is 16 days away from being 3 years old. I remember that I got her all situated at the table to paint, then I had to go take care of Parker. When I came back to check on her, she was painting on herself. So I grabbed the camera. I have such a hard time getting upset at the kids when they are so cute.


I didn't have any pictures of Parker on that day. So I posted some pictures that were taken just a few days later. Parker loves his sleep. He is the best sleeper of all the kids. It doesn't take him long to fall asleep after he gets in bed. If I try to keep him up past his bed time, he will fall asleep next to his toys or where ever he is playing. He is such a handsome little boy! I love seeing his baby pictures. He is too cute!


1 comment:

  1. Those are fun pictures Jenny. I totally know what you mean about only getting 1 room clean at a time. I always joke with my VT'ers. When they ask when they can come I say "well it depends on which room you would like clean" Monday the front room will be clean, Tuesday the kitchen will be clean, Wednesday the bathrooms will look good..etc. I recently cleaned out our basement. I was amazed at how quickly it filled up with junk!

    ReplyDelete