Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's Linda's Birthday!

Today is my sister Linda's Birthday. I've always had a hard time remembering if Linda's birthday is on the 30th or the 31st. A few years ago, she was in Montana on her birthday. If she was up at out property, I would not have been able to get a hold of her because there is no electricity and no cell phones will work. The only way to get a hold of her was to call while she was in town and I had no idea when she would be in town. So on the 31st, I called Linda to wish her a happy birthday. I was really expecting to just leave a voice mail, but she was in town, so she answered. I was so pleased that I was able to get a hold of her and tell her happy birthday. I told her " I'm so happy that I was able to get a hold of you and talk to you on your birthday!" Linda started to laugh and said "Well, that would be true..........if you would have called yesterday." We both had a good laugh about that. On my birthday, in October, all of my sisters called me except for Linda. I wasn't upset, I just figured she'd forgotten and she would call when she remembered. The day after my birthday, Linda called and said in a mocking voice "Jenny, I'm so happy that I got to talk to you and tell you 'happy birthday' on your birthday!" We laughed so hard. Linda just cracks me up sometimes! So now that is what we do. We call each other the day after our birthdays just for laughs.
Yesterday We went to play at the park by the library. It is a really fun park. There is dirt at the feet of one of the benches and they had watered the lawn. So the dirt under the bench was mud. Brinley played in it. She had mud on her feet, legs and hands. I didn't have anything to clean her off with. On the walk home she had dry mud on her hands until we got to a house with sprinklers on. Brinley was so excited! She yelled "Sprinkles!" and ran through the sprinklers. When she got out of the water, the dry mud on her hands was wet and she had hair in her face. Before I could stop her, she started to brush the hair out of her face with her muddy hands. She had mud all over her face. I should have taken a picture right after it happened, but I didn't. We were almost home and the mud was coming off when I finally took her picture.

Here's Parker. He likes to ride in the stroller. Brinley always insists on walking and Alissa likes to ride a bike or run.

After we ate lunch, we went to softball practice for the Young Women. I'm the assistant sports director for the young women. After practice, Alissa went to play at her friend Danielle's house. Danielle is a year older than Alissa. So Alissa gets hand-me-downs from her. This is a dress and shoes that Alissa got from Danielle. Alissa was really excited and wanted me to take her picture.


3 comments:

  1. Your little girls are gorgeous! You and your hubby make really cute children. I still cant believe how old they all are! I'm excited for Missy's wedding so I can see the whole family again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny I got your message, I need to call you back, today was a crazy. I would love to come on saturday, I will call you, I am so terrible at doing that since I have no home phone, just my cell which I use to many minutes,anywho I want to see you so bad, it has been way way too long, I always have sooooo much fun with you that it makes me sad that it's been so long since we hung out, this MUST change...I love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

    You might like this! See you saturday

    ReplyDelete