Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Day

Here are our pictures from the 24th. Tremonton doesn't celebrate the 24th until Saturday the 26th. That's a little annoying! When we first moved here, they celebrated on the 24th and we could see the fireworks really well from our house. But last year they had a bright idea to celebrate on the weekend after the 24th and they decided to move the firework show to a different park. I don't know how long they will keep it that way. A lot of Tremonton folk are pretty upste about the change. I've heard a few people complaining about it. Last night one of our neighbors was so upset about it that she is planning on making a complaint to the city. So we'll see. We decided to get together with a few of our neighbors and light some fireworks in front of our house. These are pictures of the kids while they are waiting for everyone to get here and for the fireworks to start.
Alissa and Brinley were pretending to be babies while they were waiting. They decided to change the game a little. Now Alissa is the baby and Parker and Brinley are her Mommy and Daddy.This is Parker waiting patiently while a bag of poppers is being opened for him.Roger is talking to his mom before everyone arrives. He insists on making funny faces whenever I take his picture. I try and catch him off gaurd, but it never works.
Parker and Brinley with there poppers (I don't know the real name). When we gave Brinley her poppers, she said "O yea! Candy!" We had to quickly explain that they weren't candy and why she should not put them in her mouth.

Alissa with her poppers.



I always wanted to know what my hair would look like in little braids. So on the 23rd, before bed, I started braiding. I only had time to braid the front before I went to bed. It turns out that I don't look that great with my hair in braids. But now I know, so I won't spend the rest of my life wondering. Roger thought I looked dorky. Sometimes, I wish he wasn't so honest. When he realized that I felt bad when he said I looked dorky, he tried to make it better by saying "But that's what I love about you! I love your dorkiness!" Anyways, enough of that. Here are the pictures. I was on the phone when I remembered to take a picture.When everybody came to do fireworks, we dicided to go over to the school, where some other neighbors were lighting theirs. We thought it would be a better show if we put all of our fireworks together. The fireworks were fun, but Brinley was scared. I had to hold her the whole time. I eventually got tired so Brinley and I came home early. When we walked in the house, Brinley said "I like the fireworks, Mom!" So I asked her if she wanted to go back the school and see some more. She quickly replied "No!"



2 comments:

  1. That sounds fun, I love fireworks, but that is weird they wait till saturday, Noah is the same way about fireworks on the 4th he covered his ears and hid in Kirks arms the whole time, then after he said he liked the fireworks!! Silly. Oh and don't worry, kirk is too honest to soooo I have had him say the same line plenty, I however think it looks cute with your braids, I love how you always do awesome creative things with your hair!!Hope your good, I miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know I am the same way about calling people. I have a hard time sittin down too. Don't worry, you are a busy girl. I do want to see you so bad... I want Noah to meet your kids and I do to. I love ya jenny!!! Sorry it's been so long and I am so bad at keeping in touch!!

    ReplyDelete