Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Montana Day #8 - August 3, 2011

Wednesday - August 3, 2011
We had a nice relaxing day at Grandma Mathison's house.  We got some laundry done and the kids got some TV time.  We walked over to the school playground by Grandma's house to play for a little bit.  We had fun.
 Roger is too funny playing on this toy.

 The kids all spent a lot of time climbing and playing on this dome.



  Alissa lost one of her braids.  It was the craziest thing.  She was playing on the dome climbing toy.  She was up at the top sitting.  She grabbed on to a bar and dropped herself into the middle of the dome.  She thought it was really cool that she was finally brave enough to do that.  So, after practicing, she asked me to come and watch what she can do.  I watched as she grabbed the bar and dropped in.  I noticed that one of her braids was underneath one of her hands.  I tried to warn her before she dropped, but she went too fast.  It ended up ripping the braid completely out of her head.  I thought she'd be screaming from having that much hair ripped from her head at once.  But she landed, put her hand to her head, looked at me and said, "I think I lost a braid."  We looked down and there the braid was laying on the ground.  She didn't even cry.  She said she barely even felt a tug when it came out.

I'm totally freaked out about their travel hair now.  I'm thinking it wasn't has good of an idea as I had originally thought.  We will be taking their braids out as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment