Monday, August 29, 2011

Trying to Be a Morning Person is Hard - August 29, 2011

Monday - August 29th

I had a hard time waking up this morning.  My alarm went off at 4:45am and again at 5:00am.  I ended up getting out of bed at 5:40am.  I have felt exhausted all day.  When I am tired and hot, I tend to get headaches.  So, I've had a headache today.  I started putting the kids to bed at 8:00pm, so I could go to bed also.  It's 9:05pm now.  Parker's in bed, probably asleep already.  Alissa's in my room watching tv, because Brinley is being a stinker.  Brinley is in her bed crying and screaming.  I told the kids they could each choose 2 books for me to read to them before bed.  They all sat nicely while I read Brinley's books, then Parker's books.  After I finished reading Parker's books, Parker got mad.  He had brought 4 books down and he wanted me to read another one of his.  He got mad and yelled at me.  I told him that he needed to calm down if he wanted to hear Alissa's books or he needed to go to bed so I could read to Alissa and Brinley.  He calmed down a little, then grabbed a hold of the blanket that we had been sharing.  He covered himself with it.  As he did that, it took some of the blanket off of Brinley.  Brinley got mad and pulled the blanket towards her.  Brinley and Parker wouldn't stop fighting over the blanket and my headache was getting worse and worse, so I told the kids they needed to just go to bed.  Since Alissa didn't get to hear her books be read, I told her that tomorrow night, she can choose 4 books to read.  Then Brinley got mad.  She said, "But that's not fair!  I want to pick 4 books also!"  I explained that it is fair since Alissa didn't get to have any of her books read tonight.
We went up to bed.  I tucked Alissa in bed, then asked Brinley to lay down so I could tuck her in.  She refused.  I needed to use the bathroom, so I told her that I would be right back.  When I walked out of the room, Brin started screaming, "But I want you to put my covers on me!"  I told her that I couldn't yet, because I needed to use the bathroom.  While I was in the bathroom, Brinley started yelling, "I hate you mom!"  That really breaks my heart to hear her say that.  I know that she doesn't really understand what she is saying.  I remember yelling that to my mom when I was a kid also.  I remember that I was just angry and when I said that, I was just trying to get them to realize how mad I really was.  Roger went in to talk to Brinley about how hurtful the words she was saying were.  He took her computer and outside privileges away for tomorrow.  She's been in her room crying and screaming ever since.  It's 9:28pm now.  I don't like having to deal with this kind of behavior.  I really hope Brinley grows out of throwing these temper tantrums soon.
It's 10:04pm.  Brinley is finally asleep.  I talked to Brinley.  She calmed down and apologized to me.  then Brinley, Alissa, and I snuggled and talked until Brinley fell asleep.  I love snuggling and talking with the kids.  so, I'm feeling much happier now.  My head isn't aching as bad either.

This morning I laid in bed, struggling to get up.  I was too comfy.  After I woke up, I read my scriptures while Alissa watched home videos.  We ate scrambled eggs and cinnamon muffins.  The kids watched outside, hoping to see Erin and run out and walk her to school this morning.  It was the first day of school, so I knew her mom would be walking with her.
I called and scheduled an appointment with Dr. Wilding for Brinley to get her ear looked at and for her to get her immunizations.  Her appointment was at 10:20am.  She had an ear infection and the doctor gave her an antibiotic to make it better.  Brinley had to get 3 shots.  she did not handle that very well.  We had to hold her down and she screamed the whole time.  It was a lot easier for her to get shots when she was younger.  She handled it a lot better then.
After the appointment, we went to Walmart and did a small shopping trip.  We came home, made lunch, and I've been extremely tired ever since.  I'm starting a new babysitting job in the morning.  I'll be watching Hannah, 8 years old, and Tanner, 5 years old.  They'll be here at 6:30am.  I'll be watching them in the morning, until school starts, then I'll make sure they get to school.  I think my kids will love walking with them to school.  They stopped by after school today, to make sure we were still planning to watch them.  I think this will be a good babysitting job.

No comments:

Post a Comment