Saturday, October 15, 2011

Brinley's 6th Birthday - October 15, 2011

Saturday - October 15, 2011
It's Brinley's Birthday!  We had a pajama Breakfast Birthday party.  So, we had to wake up a little early to prepare everything for it.  I needed to make breakfast and the cake needed to be decorated.  Here's Brinley and Parker, when they first woke up, enjoying all the birthday decorations.  Roger worked last night.  When he got home, he spent a little time with us and wished Brinley a Happy Birthday before he went upstairs to go to bed.
 It's a little different trying to use the kitchen with these big fans going and blocking the way.  I turned them off during her party so we could hear each other.  The fans are just so loud.  Also, with the fridge where it is, we had to turn the table sideways.
 Brinley and Parker were super helpful and licked out the bowl for me after I finished with the icing.  They love licking out the bowl when ever I make anything, but they especially love the icing.

 Alissa and Brinley helped me decorate the cake while I was making Breakfast.  For breakfast, I prepared all the fixins for a yummy breakfast burrito.  I put everything on the table and let the kids fix their burritos how they liked them.  I also had cereal for anybody who didn't want any part of a breakfast burrito. 
 Josie was the first one to come over and her mom, Lori, was super nice and thoughtful and sent her over with a bunch of hot chocolate already made, in cups, and ready to drink.  That was a nice surprise.  I was so worried about what we would eat that I completely forgot about drinks.  So, the hot chocolate was a much needed surprise. 
 After the kids fixed their plates of food, they took them into the living room to watch a show while they enjoyed it.
 We all gathered in the living room when we finished, to watch Brinley open her gifts.



 Brinley, before we sang to her and had cake and ice cream.  We sang happy Birthday to Brinley twice.  First we sang it the nice way, then we sang the funny you live in a zoo version.  Hannah (who we babysit) insisted that we should all sing it that way also.  Brinley thought it was funny.
 I took this picture after all of Brinley's friends had gone home.  It is just so crazy seeing the kitchen looking like this.  The floor looks so yucky where they tore out the tile.
 The kids enjoying Brinley's new toys.  It took us a while to figure out how to make this toy work right.  Your supposed to make the little pop up toy roll down the slide then when it lands, it hits a magnet and pops out.  It just wasn't as simple as it seemed.  We figured it out eventually.

 Brinley got some fake nails for her birthday.  So pretty!
 Uncle Dave and Cousin Kristin decided to try the I-fly in Ogden today.  I've been dying to see someone I know try this.  I love to go and just watch people at the I-fly place.  It is crazy looking.  I don't think I would like to try it, but roger keeps saying it's something he would like to do.  Since, they wer going to be there, we went to meet them and watch the fun.  Aunt Shelley dug some change from her purse and bought some candy for the kids to share while we watched.
 Here we are watching and this is a picture from Kristin's turn.
 When they were done, we sat down outside while we decided on what we should do now.  The kids had a lot of fun playing around outside. while they waited. 
  We decided to walk over to subway for some dinner before we all headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment