Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trunk-or-Treat - October 29, 2011

Saturday - October 29, 2011
Our ward had their trunk-or-treat today.  The kids love going to the trunk-or-treat.  People around here are really weird about the trunk-or-treat.  I don't quite understand it.  They all discuss ways that we can be more secretive about when our trunk-or-treats are.  They don't want people outside of the ward to know about the trunk-or-treat, because they don't like it when outsiders come and trunk-or-treat with us.  I always think, the more the merrier, so I have a really hard time understanding their reasoning or the mindset behind excluding outsiders.  It really seems un-neighborly and not the kind of behavior that they teach at church.  We're supposed to love our neighbor.  But, whatever!    I guess I'm more sympathetic, because we have been the outsiders here in this ward for 8 years now.  We really have never been excepted.  If we were born here or had family that lived here, we would be accepted.  But someone who has moved here and has no family in the area is an outsider and they do not like outsiders here.  It took me 3 years to make a friend in this area.  And the way I did it, was I prayed for Heavenly Father to send somebody to our ward that was an outsider also.  Within a few months of saying that prayer, 2 families moved in (really close to us) who had no friends or family that already lived in the area and neither of them were from here.  I pounced!  I was quick to go over and make friends.  I knew Heavenly Father had sent them to the area so I could have friends.  I have been very thankful for that.
I didn't mean to get off topic here.  So, we went to the trunk-or-treat today and it was a lot of fun.  We love the trunk-or-treat.  It's fun, because you get double the Halloween candy.  We get candy at the trunk-or-treat, then we get to go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood on Halloween and get just as much candy as we did at the trunk-or-treat.  It's good fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment