Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cracked Tile - October 13, 2011

Thursday - October 13, 2011
I woke up to find horror in the kitchen.  The tile in front of the refrigerator was all cracked and wet.  I put a towel down to dry it up and realized that the water was coming up through the cracks.  Roger woke up and I showed him what was going on.  We moved the refrigerator and couldn't figure out what was happening and where the water was coming from.  We called somebody to come and look at it and found out that there was a tiny little leak in the hose (for the filtered water) in the back of the fridge.  Apparently, this hose had been slowly leaking water for some time now.  The wood underneath the tile was completely soaked.  The wood expanded enough that it started to break the tile and that's how we found out there was a problem.
We called the insurance company and they sent someone over to check it out.  They had seen this happen before.  Some workers came over.  They set the refrigerator up in another area of the kitchen and started working on our floor.  They tore up the tile in the refrigerator area and set up large fans to dry out the floor.  They put a fan in the crawl space to dry the floor from underneath and two large fans in the kitchen.  The fans are super loud!  They want us to keep the fans running nonstop all weekend long.  They said they will come back on Monday and it should be dry enough then.
This is a mess.  I'm not loving these loud fans blowing nonstop, but it is a little exciting.  I know it's a horrible thing and I should be all upset, but sometimes different is just fun and exciting.  I'll never understand myself.  I think I might be just a little crazy. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment