Monday, October 17, 2011

First Day of School - October 17, 2011

Monday - October 17, 2011
Homeschooling was very stressful.  The reason I had decided to homeschool was for Parker.  I really wanted to help him get ahead and to feel more confident.  Alissa and Brinley did really well with the homeschooling, but Parker fought with me nonstop.  He refused to do any work.  I just got too frustrated and my plan to get Parker ahead was not working.  The kids kept looking out the window during the day at reeses time and wishing that they were over at the school playing with their friends.  Also, people around here started treating us differently.  Kids that they used to be able to play with could no longer play with them.  They even treated us different at church.  It's like they are all offended that we didn't put the kids in school.  It's the craziest thing.  Before we decided to homeschool, they had all warned us that our kids would become social retards.  I feel like they are all trying their hardest to make sure that happens, by not allowing their kids to socialize with ours.  It's weird and rude.  I can't understand the people around here.  They do not like us at all.  It makes thing really difficult.  The kids have walked Hannah and Tanner to school a few times, because it's fun.  One of the last times they walked them their, Alissa's "friend" from the neighborhood told her that she needed to get off the school property, then walked away.  As her "friend" walked in, the principal walked out the doors.  Alissa was freaked out, so she just ran home as quick as she could.  When they walk Hannah and Tanner to school, they stay outside and there is nothing wrong with that, but everybody around here is treating us so bad, the kids feel scared and like they are doing something wrong.  I just couldn't handle it all anymore.
So, we decided to put the kids back in school.  Maybe people will start being nicer to us.  Also, I thought it would be better for Parker and my relationship if he fights with his teachers about doing schoolwork rather than fighting with me.  I do not like arguing with him and having to work so hard to get him to do anything.
So, here they are.  All ready for school.  Brinley and Tanner are in afternoon Kindergarten, so they don't have to leave for a few more hours, but they are both up and ready to go this morning.


 Brinley is super excited to go to kindergarten.  Her teacher is Mrs. Holdaway.  Tanner and her are in the same class.  I decided that I didn't take enough pictures of Alissa and Parker on their first days of kindergarten, so I determined to do better with Brinley.  I took plenty of pictures of her on her walk to school.  she was nice and put up with it,  Tanner though it was annoying.  When we got to the school, he ran ahead and said, "I'm outta here!"  He's a funny kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment